• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Installed new Rotors and Pads as the old set had developed a bit of a grinding noise on the left. It started right after I had shown my daughter how to retract the caliper piston a bit to get the assy. off when she does her brakes at a later time. Anyway, new set needed breaking in so I went out early this morning, about 4 a.m. so I didn’t upset too many hot heads on their way to work. After several iterations of gradual braking to 5mph the caliper/pad drag was about gone. Much better than before when it was constant and got worse as I sped up. Decided to go for a longer drive south of town to give things more time to sort out. UT 68 is pretty deserted road this time of day. Stopped to get a picture of the Geneva Rock and Gravel quarry at Pelican Point. On the way south, I thought it might make a good shot so on the return home I made sure to stop and see what I could capture. Camera night shot capabilities never cease to amaze.
IMG_0108.jpeg

Installed new Rotors and Pads as the old set had developed a bit of a grinding noise on the left. It started right after I had shown my daughter how to retract the caliper piston a bit to get the assy. off when she does her brakes at a later time. Anyway, new set needed breaking in so I went out early this morning, about 4 a.m. so I didn’t upset too many hot heads on their way to work. After several iterations of gradual braking to 5mph the caliper/pad drag was about gone. Much better than before when it was constant and got worse as I sped up. Decided to go for a longer drive south of town to give things more time to sort out. UT 68 is pretty deserted road this time of day. Stopped to get a picture of the Geneva Rock and Gravel quarry at Pelican Point. On the way south, I thought it might make a good shot so on the return home I made sure to stop and see what I could capture. Camera night shot capabilities never cease to amaze.
View attachment 90172
Already got snow there at higher elevations?

A few days ago I picked up a few front end parts from Amazon for my 96 Chevy truck with the 6.5 goodwrench.Basically it’s a idler arm,idler bracket ,pitman,all tie rods and stabilizer links.I have new Delphi ball joints and two kugel brand wheel bearings.All the front end parts have grease fittings in them which is what I definitely wanted to get.

This truck has been off the road since 2015 and it’s definitely time to get it road ready.Its a rust free truck with new park brake cables,backing plates,drums and axle seals.I stripped it down back in 2015 and started reassembling things when I had the time to do so.

I also picked up a new air bag clock spring for my 96 gmc truck.I’ve been searching up and down for a few years to get one of these but a couple days ago on eBay I picked one up for $114.

Back