• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Stationed in Germany and the service contract on the units' Dell Lap Tops included on site service calls to the base for the first year then parts only for the next two. My side duty as the Company Tech Security Officer (actual title long forgotten) was to accompany the service tech. So, I got to learn how simple they were to work on. I had been building and servicing desk tops on my own for a couple of years so, no fear. When the on site service expired, I just did the work and kept them up and running until they were phased out and new ones came in. Rinse and repeat.

Test fire as in shoot the pos up?

This is the 2nd laptop battery I had expand. First was on a work laptop, so they paid for the service. This one was mine and I did the tried and true Google search, found some videos, opened it up and had the battery out in no time.
Well adding a little lead in the lithium would be more fun. in my backyard I would only have the option of a steak knife LOL. I've heard all it takes is to pierce and short out a layer or two, then its an inextinguishable fire till it burns out.

ATP was making that cable long before I contacted them.
They either think it is the same as the 6.5 cable or they just
don't want to invest in another part number.
Y-368 is for the 6.2 and uses a different bracket on the IP.
This has been a problem for a long time.
And on the IP differences -
The drivers side/cable side of the IP throttle arm is the same for both civilian and military IP’s.
The pass. side on the milt. IP’s can be for the military TPS or the civilian TPS, depends on application.
Both TPS’s put out the exact same signal and both have 3 wires. The TCM will use either one.

Well adding a little lead in the lithium would be more fun. in my backyard I would only have the option of a steak knife LOL. I've heard all it takes is to pierce and short out a layer or two, then its an inextinguishable fire till it burns out.
On the news, some California fire department used over 50,000 gallons of water to extinguish a vehicle battery fire.
IDR if it was a car or truck battery.
I think the effort was wasted and the battery just finally run out of fuel.

Getting a phew components gathered up.
In todays mail come a box with a coolant pump backing plate and a half a dozen bolts, two ARP starter bolts, and a Bosch injector socket.
Next I would like to get the GM original balanced flow coolant pump on the way.
First make a huge dent in the credit card bill.
Insurance co is paying on the estimate that the repairs for the 1991 Oldsmobile. About $2200.00, taking that money plus the biggest share of my pay check and dropping that to the CC then once again I’ll have some room to move around.

Today I flushed out the cooling system in the 93 and filled with fresh antifreeze. I went to crawl down under the truck and attempt to pull the block drains and quickly realized this block had none! I double checked their location by looking at the 6.2 on the stand (located right behind the engine mount brackets) there is not even bosses on the block like my 95 has but no plugs. this engine must have a different casting. I know it's a 99 model block but there's nothing there.

pulled the lower rad hose from the engine and out came the nastiest dark brown mix I have seen. much worse than how my 95 was when I did it. pulled open the top side and ran the garden hose in and let it flow till it was clear, then cranked up the engine with the hose flowing. got even more muck out. flushed out the radiator good too. put everything back together and poured in two gallons of straight coolant I picked up from walmart. this was supposed to be green but was more of a yellowish light green color. it seems that it's getting harder and harder to find the "old green" coolant nowadays.

anyway it's got antifreeze in it and should be much happier now. I wasn't having any heating issues but figured I'd get it done early since I tried this right before last winter and no one in town had antifreeze in stock! I ended up pulling and draining the block on it and the Jetta last winter.
Now that it's being driven more I had better get it done.

I just need to pickup another gallon for the 95 since it's still has some but I've been topping it off with water here and there throughout the year.

Today I flushed out the cooling system in the 93 and filled with fresh antifreeze. I went to crawl down under the truck and attempt to pull the block drains and quickly realized this block had none! I double checked their location by looking at the 6.2 on the stand (located right behind the engine mount brackets) there is not even bosses on the block like my 95 has but no plugs. this engine must have a different casting. I know it's a 99 model block but there's nothing there.

pulled the lower rad hose from the engine and out came the nastiest dark brown mix I have seen. much worse than how my 95 was when I did it. pulled open the top side and ran the garden hose in and let it flow till it was clear, then cranked up the engine with the hose flowing. got even more muck out. flushed out the radiator good too. put everything back together and poured in two gallons of straight coolant I picked up from walmart. this was supposed to be green but was more of a yellowish light green color. it seems that it's getting harder and harder to find the "old green" coolant nowadays.

anyway it's got antifreeze in it and should be much happier now. I wasn't having any heating issues but figured I'd get it done early since I tried this right before last winter and no one in town had antifreeze in stock! I ended up pulling and draining the block on it and the Jetta last winter.
Now that it's being driven more I had better get it done.

I just need to pickup another gallon for the 95 since it's still has some but I've been topping it off with water here and there throughout the year.
Amazon or
Walmart online for your coolant.

Back