• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Yeah the 4wd sideways is just to clear the front driveshaft.
Doing a remote makes oil changes easier depending where you put it, but two more oil lines that can fail and longer for the new oil to get to bearings.

The delay can be eliminated if you install a pre oiler accumulator. High tech with electric valve can be done, or a simple ball valve controlled via mechanical cable.

Talking of the horizontal mount oil filter adapter.
The seal on my truck had begun to leave a drip or five.
I want to address this situation while the new engine is on the stand.
Went to NAPA, Felpro kit. Not anywhere close to what is required for the 6.5.
Took a drive to the Chevy dealer. Got the parts man to search it out. All three seals are NLA through the GM dealer.
He however did print me out a sheet with the part numbers of the seals.
It dont tell which position the seal numbers occupy.
It says one of each but I do believe that there are two seals on the bolt that both appear to be the same.
Maybe when I get to doing some research I’ll know a little more about them.
1 PN 12559095 (S) SEAL
1 PN 12559583F - (S) SEAL
1 PN 12559584 SEAL
AND I have thought of going the remote mount OF.

Took a drive to the Chevy dealer. Got the parts man to search it out. All three seals are NLA through the GM dealer.
It says one of each but I do believe that there are two seals on the bolt that both appear to be the same.
1 PN 12559095 (S) SEAL
1 PN 12559584 SEAL
Leroy sells the seals as a kit.

1 PN 12559095 (S) SEAL
1 PN 12559584 SEAL
I just checked the oil filter adapter seal kit that I got from Leroy Diesel.
The O ring that fits between the block and the adapter does protrude above the housing groove so it will seal just fine.
The original seal is more like the seal on an oil filter, thick and square.
I guess thats what I was expecting when I ordered the Felpro kit and the O ring in that kit didnt look like it was substantial enough to do the job.
I think I might check the seals on a couple of old oil filters in the drain out bucket and see if one of those seals will fit the adapter, more like the OE seal.

I finally got the copper tubing in place for the turbo feed line. Used the nuts from the old hose and made flares on the tubing. Also sliced a piece of clear tubing I had and used it as an insulator to tie down and secure the tubing. looks decent, but I couldn't bend it as sharp as I had hoped. The solenoid arrived that goes in the top cover of the IP. got that swapped out too but when installing it the top cover didn't "spring" back like I remember when I swapped out the top covers on the 93. I double and triple checked I had it installed correctly, buttoned it down and wired it up.

I plan tomorrow to pull the left side injector lines off and crank on it a bit actuating that solenoid on and off watching fuel from the lines hoping it stops when the solenoid is off.

Here is some photos of the copper oil line I made. also you can see my makeshift harness for the GP's, four spades split out to one wire on both sides. inline fuses at the battery end.

IMG_5561.jpg
IMG_5562.jpg
IMG_5563.jpg

Later if the engine is good, I could make the copper line shorter and look better by using a 90 fitting at both ends, but I also would want to access it behind the manifold when the engine is in the truck too.

BTW if someone happens to have a db2 top cover they can snap a photo showing the angle of the dangle on that lever that would be nice. this solenoid is of chineesium and I don't trust it. the old solenoid was a 24v one and someone ripped out the lever and spring that goes on it. I didn't have any reference to if it was aligned correctly. missing that lever might also have been why if seemed like it was flooding with fuel while cranking and with the other inline solenoid stopping the return line is only slowed down the fuel mist from the GP holes.

Back