• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

We will get the engine/trans in tomorrow. Ran into issues.

Oil feed to turbo made with AN fittings will not fit the compression fitting on the ATT turbo. New line and block fitting on order from Leroy.

Bent one of the transmission cooler lines. New pair are on order.

Will assemble as much as possible but can’t complete and run this weekend.

We will get the engine/trans in tomorrow. Ran into issues.

Oil feed to turbo made with AN fittings will not fit the compression fitting on the ATT turbo. New line and block fitting on order from Leroy.

Bent one of the transmission cooler lines. New pair are on order.

Will assemble as much as possible but can’t complete and run this weekend.
Where'd you order the transmission lines from?

A question for you guys with 4l80e :
I never noticed one in my trucks or ones I worked on, but in hummers and hmmwvs there is a small bypass valve inline of the transmission cooler line. The valve is a bypass valve that if the fluid id to thick to flow (I guess from temperature?) the bypass valve just send atf back to the trans avoiding the cooler.

I am under the impression these were not on pickups, I know they aren’t in the Rolls Royces & Jaguars that use the 4l80e. They might have been in pickups and I just never paid attention. They never seem to fail in hummers/hmmwvs so maybe they are in pickups & because I never replaced one I just don’t remember them.

It ties into the two lines within a foot of coming out of the transmission
IMG_1211.png

A question for you guys with 4l80e :
I never noticed one in my trucks or ones I worked on, but in hummers and hmmwvs there is a small bypass valve inline of the transmission cooler line. The valve is a bypass valve that if the fluid id to thick to flow (I guess from temperature?) the bypass valve just send atf back to the trans avoiding the cooler.

I am under the impression these were not on pickups, I know they aren’t in the Rolls Royces & Jaguars that use the 4l80e. They might have been in pickups and I just never paid attention. They never seem to fail in hummers/hmmwvs so maybe they are in pickups & because I never replaced one I just don’t remember them.

It ties into the two lines within a foot of coming out of the transmission
View attachment 89374
Not there on my install. Never has been.

@Will L. I've never seen one on anything I've worked on. I would kinda question it's inner workings as to a failure point causing a trans overheat situation if the valve gets stuck internally.

If anyone has seen it in anything where part numbers can be looked up outside of hmmwv/hummer -please let me know. It would be good reference for guys if they ever need to replace one and want to keep it stock. For me it is more of knowing and sharing the knowledge. I’m gonna post it on the transmission thread too.

Transfer case is in and the engine and transmission are on their mounts. Bags of bolts and blue tape labels on wiring are disappearing.

Back