• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Long, slow build of my truck

13 psi is definitely low. I was running 11 or 12 psi (I think?) with stock programming and ATT. With the tune it was around 18ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About 18 here as well with Gertie when it was running the ATT with a Heath tune. With the DB2 Moose Pump I have seen about 15 with T but still having some fueling issues at heavy throttle. With either Gertie of T I never remember seeing more than about 1100 egt with what I pull and the roads I drive.

Egts were bad with ATT and marine pump. They were manageable, but still could get pretty high. Was virtually impossible to haul anything without smoke and high egts with my Unique Diesel built pump. Best combo with the ATT for me was the ds4 and KOJO tune. Little smoke, decent spooling, egts stayed in check and good power.

I hit 24 psi with the ATT and Unique pump, but I let out of it bc I was unsure of what kind of boost the ATT could push safely and I wasn't running head studs yet.

I have been talking to Dennis about this, and there is a chance that this is one of the last "big housing" ATT's left still floating around. I am waiting on a confirmation from Dennis about this before sending it out to him. Super standup guy. I think it will do okay with the Heath tune in the long run. The truck does scoot pretty good as it is with the turbo, just takes it a second (or 9) to get there. If it indeed does need the smaller housing put on, I think it will be a good combo for sure.

You don't get customer service like that anywhere anymore (Except with ATT) Dennis is offering a new housing for a turbo you bought used.
Try that with your HX (insert shaking head NO! smiley here)

Yeah I am very impressed with Dennis backing the thing as much as he is. Looking forward to working with him more on this.

I had some minor issues as well with the oil fitting and the first Heath tune, Dennis was super helpful and always willing to help. I love the ATT and now that I am getting my fueling issues sorted it plays well with the 5spd and the Moose pump. In Larry (2wd 2500LD) with the 4l80e and 3.73s it was downright fast for a diesel- I am estimating high 8 sec 0-60. Alot of the smoking issues I was experiencing with T have disappeared and the mileage is fantastic-20-21 on summer fuel in mixed driving (no towing)- going to the dump, hauling round bales, going to the home center for a bit of lumber, going to town for dinner, etc. The egts have been great- not uncommon to see only 500-550 at 75 on flat ground with the cruise set and only pushing about 4psi. The most I have seen on T is about 1000egt.

So I have confirmed with Dennis that my ATT is in fact the large housing, one of the last ones out there. This week I will be boxing it up and sending it out to Dennis for a rebuild as well as the smaller housing install. Can't say enough how stand-up Dennis has been throughout this process and his willingness to help me out, even though I bought it second hand. The plan is to get it back in a few weeks and see how it does. I may keep the Heath tune, or I may seek a KOJO tune for it.

I may keep the Heath tune, or I may seek a KOJO tune for it.

I have a Heath / ATT tune from ~2013 on ECM #1. Is a bit flaky with irregular power delivery (sometimes goes 'soft' and have to cycle the throttle to get the power back to normal) and is twitchy coming off idle. Heath feels it is the truck, but a new motor later it still doing the same thing. Fixed it with ECM #2 which has the KOJO / ATT tune.

In fairness, maybe it is ECM #1 or that ECM #1 is not taking well to Heath's tune. I will isolate ECM #1 shortly by moving KOJO's tune to both of my ECM's and see if the oddities remain.

And by the way, the current KOJO tune for the ATT gives very nice results with almost no smoke.

Small update. Dennis has the turbo and is in the process of freshening it up and changing the housing. I will still run the Heath tune for the immediate future due to lack of funds. Last week I was cut off by a Nissan Altima which necessitated a tie rod, ball joint, alignment, grille, bumper and headlights... $750 later...

Also, something exciting is I will be picking up a Snow Stage 2 WMI kit in the next few days. That's gonna be fun.

Small update. Dennis has the turbo and is in the process of freshening it up and changing the housing. I will still run the Heath tune for the immediate future due to lack of funds. Last week I was cut off by a Nissan Altima which necessitated a tie rod, ball joint, alignment, grille, bumper and headlights... $750 later...

Also, something exciting is I will be picking up a Snow Stage 2 WMI kit in the next few days. That's gonna be fun.
Nice! I look forward to your wmi results. Sorry about the facelift.

If you have not gotten the Snow kit yet let me shoot you a price. Got a part # on what you want?

Sure takes a patient person to love an IFS front end sometimes! Truck has been fine in the 2 weeks since the front end work was done, driving home tonight I took a short dirt road and after I was back on pavement I felt a front end wobble. Alignment is off, tires are toed out, argg!!! I jacked up the front end and there is considerable movement side to side in both tires.. Looks like I am in for an idler arm and pitman arm... again. I have to dig up the receipts from when I bought the MOOG parts in the spring. Always something

Back