• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX40II Turbo Install

Are you talking about the outlet of the cold side on the hx40wII? I thought it was 3"?? If thats the case i may need to order a different reducer.

Once you cut the flange off the turbo outlet it is 2.25 and the 6.5 manifold is 2.5, you can see the size difference in this pic
004-5.jpg

yes i can see that now. Bummer i need to order a new reducer. So im gonna need a 2.25" to 2.5" reducer?

I made the mistake of ordering a 3" to 2.5" reducer

Since your turbo has an external wastegate, will the computer still regulate the boost like the orginal one or how would that work RACEDAYMECHANIC, Im not yelling.

IT'S ALIVE!!!... as of 2:00AM last night, but I was too lazy to post at that point.

The sound of the turbo spool is ridiculous! I think it will suck in flying birds a quarter mile up in the sky. Granted this is with no air filter yet and just a quick unloaded goosing.

The only part left is the air intake... Which requires top post mount batteries if you choose to use the stock location and a 4" pipe. Joy. Off to the parts store I go.

I should have some pics and vids tonight I hope...

Racedaymechanics intake fit like a glove!!! And his oil line adapter fitting. A great value IMO and makes this conversion possible. If it were not for his parts I would have never started this project.

That is awesome! Glad to hear it going well. Gets me all excited about putting my parts on! I cant wait to get my turbo and everything else, I should have it next week.

Racedaymechanics intake fit like a glove!!! And his oil line adapter fitting. A great value IMO and makes this conversion possible. If it were not for his parts I would have never started this project.

Any photos? I am glad to hear that you made out well! :thumbsup:

Yesterdays efforts were very time consuming...

The side terminal battery connections hit the 4" 90 air intake hose, so I purchased a new pair of batteries with top post mounts. IF you use a 4"-3" 90 degree fitting off the turbo inlet, I do not think you will have a problem with a factory filter box.

I had to fabricate new battery + - cables and add some extra grounds. IMO the factory grounding locations are less than adequate and this was a good excuse to upgrade them.

One more battery cable to make and them a little custom PVC work to put in place a make shift air intake until the silicone parts arrive next week.

Stay tuned!

Yesterdays efforts were very time consuming...

The side terminal battery connections hit the 4" 90 air intake hose, so I purchased a new pair of batteries with top post mounts. IF you use a 4"-3" 90 degree fitting off the turbo inlet, I do not think you will have a problem with a factory filter box.

I had to fabricate new battery + - cables and add some extra grounds. IMO the factory grounding locations are less than adequate and this was a good excuse to upgrade them.

One more battery cable to make and them a little custom PVC work to put in place a make shift air intake until the silicone parts arrive next week.

Stay tuned!
What Gauge wire did you use?

Awesome pics! Nice job and good call on smoothing out those burs! I should have my turbo tomorrow or tuesday! but i must wait for the rest of the stuff to arrive.

The downpipe is from RaceDayMechanic. Highly recommended, one of the few things I could actually bolt on straight away without any modification :)

Thanks! The boost nipple wasn't that bad. The wastegate machining was horrible! They left a lot of junk metal on that area. Granted a little cleaning and it was in good shape... Just be careful of debris and make sure it is super clean before installation. Other than that the Turbo unit is pretty nice, not sure why QC could not be a little better on those two issues as to blemish the "out of the box" quality on an otherwise nice turbo.

Back