• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX40II Turbo Install

That motor sounds nice and smooth Bruce. It really gets up and goes rather nicely :thumbsup:. Keep up the good work!

Brutus has been a little lonely lately so I bought a 2009 Palomino Sabre 5th wheel, It weighs in at 10k dry, Im picking it up Saturday
sabre.jpg

Oooo... I am so jealous. :love: Glad someone is making bucks in this economy. I'm not :nonod:

I lost my job Jan 1 from Rusty Wallace Racing, But im not broke;) Its just for the wife and dog and me to get away, Ive had several Motorhomes, and they are nice but with Brutus being basically done (yeah Right) I decided to go with a 5th wheel Its a 3 slide lots of room inside, Im kinda semi Retired trying to step the wiring business up some and between that and my pension we will be good

Oooo... I am so jealous. :love: Glad someone is making bucks in this economy. I'm not :nonod:

There's plenty of money to be made presently.. even in a "poor economy" everybody likes to smoke weed and drink beer.....;)

Bruce I got the oil line fitting adapter today, looks good.... Thanks.

Mike

I lost my job Jan 1 from Rusty Wallace Racing, But im not broke;) Its just for the wife and dog and me to get away, Ive had several Motorhomes, and they are nice but with Brutus being basically done (yeah Right) I decided to go with a 5th wheel Its a 3 slide lots of room inside, Im kinda semi Retired trying to step the wiring business up some and between that and my pension we will be good

you could always "getaway" vacation down here next week in that purty RV and build a set of Dmax battery cables...maybe even come up with some ideas to clean up the underhood wiring...;)

Do you have a way to monitor drive pressures? If so what drive pressures are you getting with this turbo? In one of your pics i seen a probe going in your turbo manifold, is that for egt or drive pressure? Thanks.

Do you have a way to monitor drive pressures? If so what drive pressures are you getting with this turbo? In one of your pics i seen a probe going in your turbo manifold, is that for egt or drive pressure? Thanks.

Thats the EGT probe, I don't have any way to check drive pressure

Nicely done!!!

I really like that the T3 flange matches as well as the intake manifold snorkel (for lack of a better term). Makes the installation look close to stock... Minus the blue hoses of course :)

? Did you have to move the air intake box? Or was that more of a personal preference choice?

Thanks!

Nicely done!!!

I really like that the T3 flange matches as well as the intake manifold snorkel (for lack of a better term). Makes the installation look close to stock... Minus the blue hoses of course :)

? Did you have to move the air intake box? Or was that more of a personal preference choice?

Thanks!

I never tried it without having it moved first so I couldnt say, It would be hard to get decent airflow through the stock setup its very restrictive, and it needs to be 4 inch at the Turbo, I do have a 3x4 silicone reducer that would do the trick

Back