• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX40II Turbo Install

what are you gonna do for the upper plenum as my did not line up correctly.
You must be using the HX40 not the HX40II it lines up perfect
004-5.jpg

I too would be interested in that down pipe adapter you made. I have a WH1C, which is the equivalent to HX-35. I already bought the fitting for the oil line, just need to plumb the exhaust and intake.

Heres a teaser pic I just got it all buttoned up took it for about a 5mile test drive, after I got it warmed up I spooled it up alittle so far Im impressed, it spools up everybit as quick as the GM8, and egts were 200+ degrees lower and it has a nice whistle, here ya go
008-2.jpg

Here is the downpipe and turbo bolted up
005-3.jpg

Very nice looking.

Except for the bent fender lip and bright colors, it looks like it could have come that way factory.

I like the use of the "T" clamps.

The down pipe pic makes it look like there is a bit more room to work the radius a little bit more gently. But that might just be the angle...

What were your boost levels like at this 200f lower?

Comparable to a gm8? Higher? Lower?

Very nice looking.

Except for the bent fender lip and bright colors, it looks like it could have come that way factory.

I spun the rod 4 turns to make sure the boost wasn't too high out of the gate, it peaked at 15 psi 850 F, WOT thats just about where the 8 is close to 1100 at 15 psi WOT

Really.

Now I'm much more interested in your results (egt, black smoke, boost levels, etc) when you put this through a "test loop".

I also think you should start thinking about a price for an "install kit"...

;)

Exactly, thats what this is all about, im gonna put a couple hundred miles on it before I really push it, If it all goes good then I will push forward with the Kit

Could this be a difference in the quality off the chinese manufacturing? Since the chinese stuff isn't noted for it's perfection....

Is the older 6.5s exhaust manifold different? or the upper plenum? The turbo is pretty well built from what I can tell No way there would be more than a few thousands difference in any of them

Very nice looking.

I like the use of the "T" clamps.

The down pipe pic makes it look like there is a bit more room to work the radius a little bit more gently. But that might just be the angle...

It would be tough to bend the Raw pipe much tighter radius than it is, and if you come out much further it makes a bad angle on the Downpipe connector, Really all you would have to do is massage the inner fender with a BFH and drop the battery box 1/4 inch and the battery would clear the fender lip, My truck is the Mule for testing all my hair brained schemes, all you guys can learn from my F--K ups and not make them yourself

Most of the time tight bends like this outlet are made in two halves and welded together (if the volume is not enough to justify a casting). Motorcycle mufflers and expansion chambers are made this way. Old school is a technique of hammering the metal into a wood mold. Two molds actually a right and left half.

Back