• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX40II Turbo Install

One last question that I do not think has been addressed... The oil drain hose. Can the stock GM-X drain be reused or is a custom drain need to be made?

... All the parts will be here in the next couple of days! :)

One last question that I do not think has been addressed... The oil drain hose. Can the stock GM-X drain be reused or is a custom drain need to be made?

... All the parts will be here in the next couple of days! :)

The way I understand it is the stock oil drain is a direct bolt on and can be used with no modification.

Question for you guys with more experience, would you choose this turbo upgrade over the Walking J?

I am leaning towards the Walking J turbo and tune for my Burb, just curious what you would choose?

I'm partial to the ATT, not saying the HX40II isn't good. The ATT has more of a track record behind it. Th HX is still in the experimental stage.

Question for you guys with more experience, would you choose this turbo upgrade over the Walking J?

I am leaning towards the Walking J turbo and tune for my Burb, just curious what you would choose?

I agree that it is too early to tell... Also no one has done a back to back HX40II to ATT comparison that I am aware of. Most of this is relative to the GM-X turbos that have been replaced from stock.

IMO a turbo upgrade is only needed when increasing boost over stock and adding a performacne ECU for daily highway use OR towing heavy.

From what I have gained the HX40II is better suited for street driving/performance whereas the ATT is for towing as it has the best flow/backpressure out the exhaust side.

The smaller exhaust output of the ATT brings the drive pressures up, while the HX bring them down due to a larger exhaust output, correct?

More pressure=quicker spool...

Can't wait to see numbers. I like the diy and share info concept. I'm really glad different turbos are being tested and results shared.

All parts arrived...

One of the silicone 90 degree connectors is 45 degrees from siliconeintakes.com so they are sending out a new one today. Bad mistake, but good customer service to make it right.

The turbo of course is cheapish with some of the tapped areas needing cleaned with a grinder. Nothing serious, but still not something you are going to run straight out of the box. The turbine itself looks fine though and spins nicely.

Onto the install!!! Enough jawing online! LOL

All parts arrived...

One of the silicone 90 degree connectors is 45 degrees from siliconeintakes.com so they are sending out a new one today. Bad mistake, but good customer service to make it right.

The turbo of course is cheapish with some of the tapped areas needing cleaned with a grinder. Nothing serious, but still not something you are going to run straight out of the box. The turbine itself looks fine though and spins nicely.

Onto the install!!! Enough jawing online! LOL

I just ordered my turbo last nite along with all the plumbing for my air box and intake manifold from silicone intakes!

I agree that it is too early to tell... Also no one has done a back to back HX40II to ATT comparison that I am aware of. Most of this is relative to the GM-X turbos that have been replaced from stock.

IMO a turbo upgrade is only needed when increasing boost over stock and adding a performacne ECU for daily highway use OR towing heavy.

From what I have gained the HX40II is better suited for street driving/performance whereas the ATT is for towing as it has the best flow/backpressure out the exhaust side.

I AM doing a back to back test of the HX40II and ATT, I talked to Dennis a couple nights ago and he is supplying the ATT to me for the test

maybe you vendors ought to list everything you sell in your sigs

THIS!!! Go ahead wares whoring is ok here, we wont ban you ;)

... I just gave them a little over $100 myself earlier this week. LOL

FWIW I will produce a complete parts list like Car Craft when complete.

Issue of the moment: the outlet pipe from the turbo to the intake manifold is 2.25" to 2.5", so a reducer silicone adapter is needed.

THIS!!! Go ahead wares whoring is ok here, we wont ban you ;)

... I just gave them a little over $100 myself earlier this week. LOL

FWIW I will produce a complete parts list like Car Craft when complete.

Issue of the moment: the outlet pipe from the turbo to the intake manifold is 2.25" to 2.5", so a reducer silicone adapter is needed.

Are you talking about the outlet of the cold side on the hx40wII? I thought it was 3"?? If thats the case i may need to order a different reducer.

Back