• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Codes. Truck won’t move

When you measured the voltage at solenoid A, it was about 4 volts. but it should be about 7 volts. Are you sure that the TCM is 100% functional?

Can you insert the probes into the solenoid A connector, turn on the ignition and move the all wiring harness and connectors, and observe the multimeter readings?

These pics are all from just moving the external plug.

I here clicking when moving the external plug around aswell

When not moving the external harness it holds at 4.6

Attachments

• ABEEFEF4-ECDF-4379-95F9-AA2ECD0503AA.jpeg
    ABEEFEF4-ECDF-4379-95F9-AA2ECD0503AA.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 70A17430-0302-4BA8-BD71-683659AECAE9.jpeg
    70A17430-0302-4BA8-BD71-683659AECAE9.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 1
  • 162AD06C-6029-4CF4-86C5-EDA671E9FCA0.jpeg
    162AD06C-6029-4CF4-86C5-EDA671E9FCA0.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 9FC281D7-70F4-4E55-BC80-C14B03FAE4C9.jpeg
    9FC281D7-70F4-4E55-BC80-C14B03FAE4C9.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DB51D89F-A337-45B7-B97C-E8F32207592D.jpeg
    DB51D89F-A337-45B7-B97C-E8F32207592D.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 2
I feel like you have some loose contacts in the plug, ether on the truck harness side or on the trans side. moving it around and seeing a fluctuation from 4 to 6 up to 11 volts

Denta is the more knowledgeable person here, but I wonder if the internal harness that was installed might be of the chineesium variety. I'm curious if there would be a way to just slightly tighten up the contacts in the connector and try measuring again. if not, it's possibly gonna be firing the parts cannon at a new internal harness or the main harness pigtail connector or possibly both!

I feel like you have some loose contacts in the plug, ether on the truck harness side or on the trans side. moving it around and seeing a fluctuation from 4 to 6 up to 11 volts

Denta is the more knowledgeable person here, but I wonder if the internal harness that was installed might be of the chineesium variety. I'm curious if there would be a way to just slightly tighten up the contacts in the connector and try measuring again. if not, it's possibly gonna be firing the parts cannon at a new internal harness or the main harness pigtail connector or possibly both!
Internal harness is new.

External is original to the truck by the looks of it

Can you post a better photo of the connector ends? I'm looking at the harness side and from the photo, it actually looks like three of the pins were replaced at some point. they look different than the rest.

on the trans side, I can't really make much out as it's dark. maybe try turning on your flash for the camera.

I really feel like there might be an issue in this connector with your voltage changing. I assume your were moving this connector with the meter on the solenoid.

Can you post a better photo of the connector ends? I'm looking at the harness side and from the photo, it actually looks like three of the pins were replaced at some point. they look different than the rest.

on the trans side, I can't really make much out as it's dark. maybe try turning on your flash for the camera.

I really feel like there might be an issue in this connector with your voltage changing. I assume your were moving this connector with the meter on the solenoid.
Will have to get a better picture when it stops raining now

Internal harness was a OEM replacement

the solenoid you are probing for voltage, you can also probe that same wire in the truck harness connector and see if you have something different. but I would wait till @denata is back with further instruction.

Back