• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Center mount turbo

Save those rods

Guess you've got to try harder to blow this next motor..

Hey now... we aren't "trying" to blow these things up!

Not sure what I'd do to abuse it anymore than I had been. I drove HARD when it ran. Every day it gets "cleaned out"!!

On a side note- just fired the new engine. Sounds good. Now, to get it the rest of the way together...

Hmm my front was fine. 2,3,and 4 are spun and #5 is rough. Ran perfect for 2 days and had great oil pressure. How were you driving when it went? I hadn't push hard on mine yet.

Hmm my front was fine. 2,3,and 4 are spun and #5 is rough. Ran perfect for 2 days and had great oil pressure. How were you driving when it went? I hadn't push hard on mine yet.

I was flat out, merging with highway traffic. Starting about 25mph, took it up to around 80. When i got back on it to pass another vehicle, it seemed to struggle. I was only a mile or 2 from home, so I eased on in. Went to leave for the weekend, and only made it about 30 miles before it got tite.

LIke I said I was easy not flat out but every thing else is the same! Mile from home so I eased it back, it struggled and thats when I noticed oil pressure down.

Back up and running. Got a 506 block from a van. Had to do a few unplanned IP mods. I lost alot of my power, but... It runs. So far, so good. Glad to finally have a vehicle!

Glad to hear its up and running,adjust the timing, and power should be more than your 6.2.

He got another pump he is working on while driving this one. He needed a vehicle to drive so he just put a pump together that gets him around while working on other stuff.

Ah so it has not gotten "the works" yet

Let me know how the turbo does with less fuel

The turbo spools great. Seems the 6.5 has the extra cubes to do that with a bit less fuel. As i sit, it is rite there with the 08 duramax in the 1/4 mile. Before, I could easily put 10mph on that...

Back