• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Center mount turbo

I did state here what actual will be close to when the 56 is commanded. I've had enough arguing with you as it never gets anything accomplished and is simply derailing the thread. If cumminsfever wants to continue it so be it as it is his thread.

I was not arguiing with you, only providing documented information and real world experience. Since what you said was only that I was incorrect with no explanation, I explained what the information meant, how it actually works from program to tranny. Other people may be interested in that information.

Got the trans tune in. First impressions: much more consistent shifts. It had been it would be soft and slippy one time, and harsh the next. Now, it is firm... each and every time!

Still learning, need to get a few miles on it before deciding what needs changed to suit MY tastes. But so far, I am VERY impressed.

Also redid my water injection. Put 2 of the .75 nozzels in my intake (before the turbo), and a 6gal/hr in the intake elbow. Also put the new coolingmist 250psi pump on.
Otherwise, nothing else new. Still running like a champ!

A small update.

My $50 ebay injection pump had LOTS return flow, which means worn pump head. It started hard when hot from the moment I put it on. But I could deal with it. With colder time of year coming up on us, I decided it is time to replace the worn pump. So, I got a new .29 plunger pump head. Will be putting it on in a few weeks here.
I feel the pump experimentation has been a success, as I am very satisfied with how it performs... especially considering the small plungers, and the worn out pump.

Trans tuning. A huge success! Firm shifts, better shift points (tailored to my turbo and driving style).

5500 miles and counting...

how much return flow in CC's were you getting?

Also, head and rotor sets are lapped in together, which is why stanadyne only sells them as a set. Not sure if you knew that... putting a mixed match head and rotor together could cause an issue.

Glad everything is working out well for you!:thumbsup:

how much return flow in CC's were you getting?

Also, head and rotor sets are lapped in together, which is why stanadyne only sells them as a set. Not sure if you knew that... putting a mixed match head and rotor together could cause an issue.

Glad everything is working out well for you!:thumbsup:

Didn't measure return flow in cc. Just measured against a low mileage pump. I have 10x the return amount of that.

Yes, I got a new head/rotor assembly. Mix/matching head rotors usually results in either seized pump, or high return or no start.

9000 mile checkin... End of the line for this engine. Knocking, noise out the intake, and extreme engine temps.
I had just retuned my wastegate. It was running better than ever... I think I need gauges :)

Still, 9000 miles on a prototype ain't to shabby

While I am disappointed, I am amazed it went this far with absolutely no engine failure. We learn, reconstruct, and come back (hopefully) more bulletproof than before.

Not sure what I'll find. I expect broken crank.

Still, 9000 miles on a prototype ain't to shabby

While I am disappointed, I am amazed it went this far with absolutely no engine failure. We learn, reconstruct, and come back (hopefully) more bulletproof than before.

Not sure what I'll find. I expect broken crank.

6.2, got a quick question for you. With all then bent rods you've had, have you ever paid any attention as to which side of the engine they were usually from? I mean more from the passenger side or driver side or about the same?

All 8 bent in 3 motors .

That says it all right there. And these rods are a sorry excuse for a "forged steel" material and design. I am all against running that stock "cast iron" crank too...just shouldn't have been put in a diesel to begin with! George, sorry to hear about the news and there is no doubt that you'll have it built more bulletproof this time around. That truck just sounds way too nice to put any other engine in under the hood in my opinion.

Just want to pause and thank 6.2turbo for the late nite delivery of my next victim: an engine from one of his neighbors.
A few mild IP tweaks, and I hope to be running it this weekend.

For those who had wondered, the 6.2 I had was a 660 block.

Good to hear its coming back together.

You going with the same set up?

Well... I was going to put it together with the same parts. But my heads look terrible. I dunno what to do. It doesn't help to have a nasty head cold and try to put in long hours in the shop.

Yes, same center mounted turbo!

Took the old 6.2 block apart. Spun the main bearings. I'd venture to say the crank is unusable, it's that bad. I drove it probly 30 mile or so like that!

To my little buddy 6.2turbo: all the rods are strait and clean. None bent, none cracked. Does that indicate I aint got enuff fuel? !!! Lol!

Back