• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Center mount turbo

CompD. A thread titled "IH tractor experts". By their good buddy "91dirtydiesel".

I like the idea of a p-pump. Reliable, mucho fuel, and mucho rpm.

Not so street friendly.

So I thought my truck was down on power, and the turbo seemed extra laggy.
And, my water bucket wasn't getting empty. Sure enough, there was air trapped in the pump. Wow. What a difference water injection makes!!
just plain old water. Who'd have thot it!

Crappy cell video added to photobucket.

Starts in second gear, ends a second before 4th gear shift. When you hear the turbo spool is when I put the pedal on the floor.
it can do better, but I can't hold the fone, and run the lockup switch at the same time.

That's all for the moment guys!

Oh jesus christ, I see the mouth breathers are at it again.... LOL

I got shown up? I had to go find this post you're talking about, is this it?

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138316

I had actually never seen the thread 'til now, but I fail to see how I remotely got shown up? I wasn't even part of it, and for that matter its a pretty good thread.

I've had to tip toe over there since cumminsfever reported me to the admin for being mean to him, nothing nice to say, so I don't say anything at all. I guess you guys have to keep the rumor mill going to get some sort of entertainment!

Actually, YOU didn't get showed up in that thread. However, your pump guy did.

That was a good thread. Nobody can disagree with that.

Also- I don't report "people being mean". I do report harrassment and stupidity... especially when carried from forum to forum.

You think brandon is our pump guy? AAAHHHHHHHAHAHA.....

no.

Brandon is a smart kid, but I don't think he's even seen the inside of a pump before. He just has money... he pays people to do his work. I told him to find an inline pump.

He just bought his own welder a month ago so he didn't have to bring exhaust parts to me to weld for him anymore....

Why did you get the idea he was our "pump guy"?

Read the post a bit more carefully. Brandon said "according to our pump guy the a-pump can only do xx amount". Along came Seth and set that record strait.
Kinda showed up the inexperienced pump "builder".
yes, it is obvious Brandon don't know pumps. But I see him going FAR with his attitude, and his open willingness to learn.

Read the post a bit more carefully. Brandon said "according to our pump guy the a-pump can only do xx amount". Along came Seth and set that record strait.
Kinda showed up the inexperienced pump "builder".
yes, it is obvious Brandon don't know pumps. But I see him going FAR with his attitude, and his open willingness to learn.

Dan didn't tell him the a-pump can only do xx amount. Dan told him what a stock a-pump puts out. He called/emailed swamps to find out what it could be built to do, he emailed me the response.

For that matter I posted about a-pumps on comp-d months back when looking to do the swap since I have access to 2, and was told they were junk pumps, so I told him to keep looking.

You still haven't commented on my faster, heavier, 5spd truck with an inferior pump.

You still haven't commented on my faster, heavier, 5spd truck with an inferior pump.

I don't care that your heavier truck is faster. I didn't put my truck together to be the biggest and fastest guy around. I have a dodge to make power with.
this thread is about center mount turbo setups on 6.2 and 6.5, not a pecker measuring contest about who has the fastest truck.
I have this truck to experiment with, and run all manner of alternative fuels thru. It does what I want it to, and it does it quite nicely.

If you want comments on YOUR truck, start your own thread about YOUR truck, it's accomplishments, and it's failures... just like the rest of us do. Then you can be free to post all the pics and videos you wish to.

If you want comments on YOUR truck, start your own thread about YOUR truck, it's accomplishments, and it's failures... just like the rest of us do. Then you can be free to post all the pics and videos you wish to.

Good idea... look for me over in the ford section.

Jesus.

I thought numb**** was gone. This forum gets less and less appealing the longer he's here.

STAFF EDIT: Edited profanity that made it past the word filter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple, you dont want us to show up and show you up, prove your all a bunch of *********** of a few that like to make unsubstantiated claims, dont bring us up. You just got proved you know absolutely nothing again... As long as you want be a bunch of *********, we'll be sure to come in here and be a bunch of ********* back, except that we have facts and proof on our side... Sound good?

STAFF EDIT: I edited out the profanity that made it past the word filter.

I'm with 6.2turbo, he said "I'm clamming up tighter than a clams *** " all because of the idiots who came on here lookin for info. As long as you idiots are on this forum the good info will not get posted!!! Everyone can thank you guys for that!

STAFF EDIT: Edited profanity that made it past the word filter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, Take the personal attacks and insulting comments with you, put it all in your forum travel kits, take it back to CompD or wherever else it's accepted and MAKE DAMN SURE to not return here with it! We've been as tolerant of this crap as we are going to be and you can bet we are going to be watching henceforth...
This forum has been a brotherhood full of friendly and helpful members who genuinely enjoyed interacting with each other for over 5 years. If that isn't what you want then don't be here any more.

Back