• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Center mount turbo

good lord that turbo intake side looks huge in that pic lol.

looks good man I like the setup. 2 1/4" ish diameter pipe by the looks of it I think. Curious if the hummer manifolds from the old 6.2 powered setups would work without crazy bends

1 3/4 pipes. The wrap makes em look bigger. Also, there is flex joints in there.

Come on up. Check the old rag out! It isn't purty. But it burns anything petroleum, and turns it into power :)

If we can help you out on your build, let us know. We ain't got much, but we'll help ya where we can!

I'll certainly take you up on that offer as you do have a unique setup. And I could see myself needing some help in the customizing and fabricating process on a center mount setup. And not having much, doesn't mean you can't get things done. I'm the kinda guy that will work non-stop to get work done, so I'd love to come over and check all your projects/engines out. Those are some nice pics of the turbo/flange setup, looks as quality a job as one could do. You definitely did use the van exhaust manifolds then from judging the picture. I also have 3 injection pumps, that are all in "core" condition. One is on a 96 6.5 non-turbo engine I bought back in April or May...is a 141 block with 240k miles. Is supposed to be a good engine, runs but needs an injection pump. That is a DB2 831 pump, but not the 4911. The other two pumps are 6.2 DB2 829 pumps, one has a seized head/rotor and the other is unknown condition. Bought both those for less than a total of $75 to my door.

Definitely into helpin! I would so love to see an older Chevy dually with a 6.2 pull an run at least with a stock duramax!!!

As of yesterday it is confirmed that I'm buying that truck. Gotta go to Richmond, VA for it and that will be next weekend on Friday (took off work that day). Has a 9 or 10 ft. flatbed, 4x4 dually that needs whole exhaust system, brake work (hydraulic side), inner fender, a grille and bumper. Figure since it doesn't have exhaust...I'd be best to turbocharge it now and not fool with dual exhaust on a N/A setup. Would be into you guys helping out and me helping you where I can. I think I'm going to head up to the drags this Saturday too at Numidia because I'm off, never been there, seems to be a major event because it's the East Coast Diesel Nationals (which means a lot of fun I'm sure), and I want to run my 93 Dodge W-350 1st GEN on the track because I've never ran a 1/4 mile with one of my own vehicles. It has some mods and I think I can do a decent time... :thumbsup:

I think I'm going to head up to the drags this Saturday too at Numidia because I'm off, never been there, seems to be a major event because it's the East Coast Diesel Nationals (which means a lot of fun I'm sure), and I want to run my 93 Dodge W-350 1st GEN on the track because I've never ran a 1/4 mile with one of my own vehicles. It has some mods and I think I can do a decent time... :thumbsup:

I will be taking my grill along. So if you wanna bring some burgers and supplies, I'll be glad to throw em on the grill for ya, and we can have us a tailgate party.
as far as I know, 6.2turbo will be there with his infamous tahoe... IF he can get the trans to hold together.

Pm me if you want details on the food stuff.

See you at the track! Let the good times ROLL!!

If you want you can follow us up saturday morning!! Just let me or cumminsfever know! Looks like we will have at least 2 maybe 3 trucks heading up. One more won't hurt!!

A tidbit of "fyi"- HAWK brake pads have the best braking of any set I've ever installed. Expensive. Paid $75 for front brake pads. But I now have brakes like this truck has NEVER had.

Burgers and supplies...a tailgate party? Sounds like a great start to the weekend! And to both you guys, that is what I had planned...wanted to meet you guys somewhere Saturday morning and follow you up because if I didn't happen to be driving my truck up there to run it down the truck I was going to take you up on the offer to ride along in one of those Detroit V8 powered trucks. :hihi: So follow you guys I will and this will be a good chance to meet everyone up there at a really cool event.

Burgers and supplies...a tailgate party? Sounds like a great start to the weekend! And to both you guys, that is what I had planned...wanted to meet you guys somewhere Saturday morning and follow you up because if I didn't happen to be driving my truck up there to run it down the truck I was going to take you up on the offer to ride along in one of those Detroit V8 powered trucks. :hihi: So follow you guys I will and this will be a good chance to meet everyone up there at a really cool event.

Dang.... is it saturday yet?? This sounds like a good time!! Anybody else that wants to come is welcome!!! The more the merrier!!!!

Update- the tahoe probly won't make it. But it's owner will :)

Bring camp chairs. And bottled water. I'll have a cooler, and it should have some room. Another cooler wouldn't hurt.

I would love to come and meet up with you all as well.... BUT my truck still sits here in my drive way awaiting me to do more to it, so IF and that's a big IF, I would have to haul major azz on my R6 to get there and of course be all beat down from a motorcycle ride..

I would love to come and meet up with you all as well.... BUT my truck still sits here in my drive way awaiting me to do more to it, so IF and that's a big IF, I would have to haul major azz on my R6 to get there and of course be all beat down from a motorcycle ride..

Don't feel bad. I'll (hopefully) have video to post.
if I don't get to run, I will be disappointed.

Plugged injectors... AGAIN. Water injectors. seems the water I been using is too hard. Calcium deposits just close the holes rite up.
I thot the last little bit it wasn't using water like it had been. Usually, I am injecting about 15gal of water for every 30gal of fuel. That of course depends on the amount of time spent at full throttle. At full throttle, it is about 1:1. Or, 1gal of fuel for 1 gal of water.

Back