• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Center mount turbo

Well... I am EXTREMELY disappointed. I didn't git to do any track time today.

Hoping for some track time somewhere in the near future.
Hoping to line up beside the infamous tahoe :)

I would like to 2nd that and I think the Tahoe has a very good chance. Definitely runs like a raped ape and I had fun taking a ride in that unit! Had a fun-filled diesel day yesterday...only if every day could be that way.

It was great to meet you! And, now you know what "the tahoe" is!

Since you missed the drag, maybe you should hit the dyno?:hihi:

I thought about it. At this point I'm running it everyday, 100 miles a day. No time for dyno.
There is a local dragstrip me an 6.2turbo may go hit some Saturday nite. It would be fun to line up beside him, even tho I know I'll only be seeing his tail lights!

Not sure why most of us only report when something bad happens. So... here's a good report.

2500 miles so far, and absolutely NO issues with the engine and turbo. Got the wastegate tuned to 28/29 psi total boost at WOT.

Thanx for the props guys!

And, for those wishing to tow, don't go thinking you can just center mount an hx55 and roll. It won't work. It is a bit too large for towing... at least, towing anything more than a small snowmobile trailer.

I just saw pics of a center mount turbo motor for a van. There were pics of the exhaust manifolds, although not closeups, so details were slim. What are these manifolds like, small and restrictive? Does anybody have closeup pics of these type of manifolds? Just curious how they do, or don't compare to home brew systems.

I do understand that the rest of the vans center mount turbo system is not the best, and that there are no easy ways to use any other turbo. But, wondering if these manifolds were a possible way to do a center mount on a standard 6.5 motor for those who don't have all the nice tooling needed for making a manifold.

Don

I used van manifolds. They are 1 3/4 inside diameter, and seem to be good for flow. Their design is open and unrestricted. Working well for me so far!

Tooling for manifolds? Find a water jet cutter in your area and have some flanges cut, then buy some 2" diameter u-bends and go to town! :rolleyes:

Back