• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My 2005 Yukon XL

Are you 100% that is a real delco unit? It’s possible they changed how they are making it but also possible you got a cko.
The new part has denso etched as well as the GM part number as the one I pulled out, so I am assuming. But in this day you never know, those CKO companies play every game they can to con you. The ad was for a genuine unit.

Going back to my revamped set of OEM cab lights/harness sitting on the shelf thinking about tackling that project some weekend while at camp. Since my truck did not come with cab lights OEM I am contemplating on a proper attachment method. IIRC OEM had sheet steel screws into threaded U-clips. I am not looking to put large holes in the roof like that, but I am thinking about doing it riv-nut style M6 or M8 in size.

Anyone had experience doing such? I do want to do a quality install, and do plan on using some type of sealer as supplement to mitigate water intrusion.

Going back to my revamped set of OEM cab lights/harness sitting on the shelf thinking about tackling that project some weekend while at camp. Since my truck did not come with cab lights OEM I am contemplating on a proper attachment method. IIRC OEM had sheet steel screws into threaded U-clips. I am not looking to put large holes in the roof like that, but I am thinking about doing it riv-nut style M6 or M8 in size.

Anyone had experience doing such? I do want to do a quality install, and do plan on using some type of sealer as supplement to mitigate water intrusion.
I've always hated clearance lights. I've never had them all working at once for any length of time.
I'd definitely never add them.

I've always hated clearance lights. I've never had them all working at once for any length of time.
I'd definitely never add them.

I was on the fence for the longest time due to this being a SUV and not a truck, which is why they have sat so long. I've only ever owned 1 or 2 vehicles without them (including this one). I've actually never had any issues with them, even leaking water from the factory, maybe lucky?

I saw a 2500 Yukon the other day with denali conversion (similar to mine) and it looked clean with the lights. They may have even been tinted a bit and I think that would match my headlights/parking lights well. We will see.

I've wanted to install a set on my truck but didn't want to put holes in the cab roof. I had thought about some sort of bracketry that would attach at the drip rails of the cab and be elevated ever so slightly over the roof. using a center support rubber foot if needed but nothing to go into the roof.

They actually have light bars with integrated ambers for a simulated cab light look. Issue is, I think light bars are the dumbest looking things on the planet! Plus several vehicles I've been in with them have annoying whistle noises due to wind resistance. I'm more of a round/square pod fan for aux lighting.

I do plan on aux LED lighting down the road to help with plowing at night, but will only be installing some lower A-pillar pod mounts.

They actually have light bars with integrated ambers for a simulated cab light look. Issue is, I think light bars are the dumbest looking things on the planet! Plus several vehicles I've been in with them have annoying whistle noises due to wind resistance. I'm more of a round/square pod fan for aux lighting.

I do plan on aux LED lighting down the road to help with plowing at night, but will only be installing some lower A-pillar pod mounts.
We really liked the light bars when we wanted extra lights.

Never paid attention to any added noise. Those vehicles were loud anyway.

Never plowed, but I can see where you'd want the lights down by the plow and not up on a bar.

The guy we bought the fj cruiser from said be careful messing with the one he added because it took him 3 tries to eliminate the noise.

I always preferred look of several round lights. I wouldn’t have considered them except this rig came with it. Thing is awesome for light output. Now there is so many I got used to them.

I think now it is case by case basis. Some look really dumb, some it blends in with the style of the rig.

Back