• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My 2005 Yukon XL

Got the new manifold installed. Made a fatal error that cost me a good 30 plus minutes of struggle.
20241026_121519.jpg

As you can see in this pic I forgot to pull the lower steering shaft back up after dropping the manifold down alongside the head. Yep, its now stuck below the manifold. 3 options came to mind: remove manifold, remove motor mount bolt, unbolt lower steering ahaft from the box. I picked removing the lower shaft from the box. All is well now, but stupid rookie mistake. Let a heat cycle go through to burn off the schmeg. Will need a re-torque to 18 ft lbs when it cools. The cold tick is now gone.

Got bank 1, sensor 2 replaced. Had a generic O2 code, in addition to that sepcific O2 sensor code. Needed some Map gas on this one.
20241026_130805.jpg

Next up is brake lines. The PO redid the rear lines, but both supply to the ABS module, and outs to the front wheels are scary looking. I broke 5 connections loose out of 8. The last 3 really need a line wrench going into the ABS block so I can goose it better without the fear of stripping. Last option will be to cut the line and throw a socket on there. For now they are soaking.

Last edited:
Back