• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX40II Downpipe $$

Will these exhaust elbows fit the holset hx-40W? Thanks and by the way nice job on them

No They wont, I think the HX40 is a 4 inch Exhaust outlet, But thanks, and dont think the 40II is not enough, Im taking my new 5th wheel into the Moutains this weekend and I will be hooked up to my MT2500 thru the trip

Heres the Fuel Filter Bracket in the jig, Its a bolt up easy install
002-8.jpg

another angle
001-9.jpg

this is how it sits on the engine

IMG_0569.jpg

I went to the 3/4 square tubing because when I took the original one off to make the Jig the thin wall 1/2 inch round tubing was cracking, thats not Good so bigger and thicker

No They wont, I think the HX40 is a 4 inch Exhaust outlet, But thanks, and dont think the 40II is not enough, Im taking my new 5th wheel into the Moutains this weekend and I will be hooked up to my MT2500 thru the trip

I also have a snap on mt2500, what will you be using yours for while driving?

That is very nice work on the downpipe! So this piece just gets you to the area where the factory or aftermarket 6.5 downpipe would attach on a GM-X style turbo right?

I'm not familiar with the HX40II. Is it anything like the TE06H from a Banks 6.9 kit? (On the outlet anyway) I've got one of those I want to try on my rig, but I have to figure out the downpipe connection.

I'm not familiar with the HX40II. Is it anything like the TE06H from a Banks 6.9 kit? (On the outlet anyway) I've got one of those I want to try on my rig, but I have to figure out the downpipe connection.

no, the mitsu te06h is a way better turbo, if you go to oliver diesel there is a how-to on installing it... but if you dont want to, you could always sell it to me...LOL

I think I've seen that write up. But if memory serves correctly, they installed it on a 'square nose' chevy. (like a '90 burb or something) So the downpipe was all different anyway. I'd like to have an adaptor like this one so I can quickly swap between turbos while I test them to see what I like best. Guess I'll have to make my own....

I think I've seen that write up. But if memory serves correctly, they installed it on a 'square nose' chevy. (like a '90 burb or something) So the downpipe was all different anyway. I'd like to have an adaptor like this one so I can quickly swap between turbos while I test them to see what I like best. Guess I'll have to make my own....

Or buy one from me

Back