• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX40II Downpipe $$

No you just thread my adapter into the hx35 and the fitting from the gm turbo will thread into my fitting

Thanks for the clarification. I'm a very visual person and this helps me a lot.

Have you ever posted a pic of this fitting?

I've tried to get the GM4 fitting out, but I don't have the right size wrench/socket. 17mm and 11/16ths are too big, and 15mm and 5/8ths are too small, so I've got to find a 16mm deep socket.

Don

I just measured the OD and ID of the stock GM-8 intake and exhaust and here is what I found.

Exhaust ID: a hair larger than 2.5"
Exhaust OD: 4", but because of the V-band landing bulge

Intake ID: 2.75"
Intake OD: 3"

... I was surprised to see that the stock GM-8 Ex ID is only 2.5"! That would have been the wrinkle with this conversion... But it isn't!

Thanks for the clarification. I'm a very visual person and this helps me a lot.

Have you ever posted a pic of this fitting?

I've tried to get the GM4 fitting out, but I don't have the right size wrench/socket. 17mm and 11/16ths are too big, and 15mm and 5/8ths are too small, so I've got to find a 16mm deep socket.

Don

Heres the fitting Don
012-1.jpg

Thank you!!!

You've been a real big help. Now to find a way come up with some extra funds for the parts needed.

Don

So to understand everything i have read correctly. Your adapter pipe and adapter for the line will work to fit either an HX35 from a Dodge or the HX40II from ebay to our trucks? Im now starting to debate if i want to go to the larger turbo on my Sierra or just go with the Dodge Turbo on the 6.2 going into my '69 GMC...hmmm decisions decisions lol...

So to understand everything i have read correctly. Your adapter pipe and adapter for the line will work to fit either an HX35 from a Dodge or the HX40II from ebay to our trucks? Im now starting to debate if i want to go to the larger turbo on my Sierra or just go with the Dodge Turbo on the 6.2 going into my '69 GMC...hmmm decisions decisions lol...

Yes, when you get my pipe and fitting, just bolt it up

Yesterday I received the downpipe and the oil feed fitting I ordered from Raceday. Very good looking product!!! Well made!!!

It's going to be a while yet before I'll have everything to install the HX35W. I think I now have everything needed for the exhaust end, and probably for the oil feed. I now need to focus on the oil drain, location and orientation for the battery and air box, what to use for air intake to the turbo, and where to locate and what to use for intake into the air box.

I'm enjoying digging for info and searching for needed parts.

Don

Im glad the pipe has worked out, I now have a friend of mine building them for me ( I just don't have time) so The price has gone up 25 bucks, so now its $135.00 + shipping for the pipe and fitting

Im glad the pipe has worked out, I now have a friend of mine building them for me ( I just don't have time) so The price has gone up 25 bucks, so now its $135.00 + shipping for the pipe and fitting

Damn middle men:) ! Say raceday, was that a really bizarre Daytona 500 this year or what? (REAL Sprint Cars DON'T have wings!)

Speedweek? How about the demo derby, er, "race" itself? What with the weather delay to Monday night, two hour red flag while they repaired the track from catching on fire, more yellow laps than green it seemed, and the fact that they aren't even "stock" cars like back in the good old days of Richard Petty, Junior Johnson and Cale Yarborough!

Speedweek? How about the demo derby, er, "race" itself? What with the weather delay to Monday night, two hour red flag while they repaired the track from catching on fire, more yellow laps than green it seemed, and the fact that they aren't even "stock" cars like back in the good old days of Richard Petty, Junior Johnson and Cale Yarborough!

Hmmm they wernt very stock back then either, Ive been in racing a long time, in the good old days races were often won by 2+ laps, Cheating was rampent those old races went really all that good

Hmmm they wernt very stock back then either, Ive been in racing a long time, in the good old days races were often won by 2+ laps, Cheating was rampent those old races went really all that good

At least back in the day you could actually tell what make and model the cars were, they weren't all just plastic and sheetmetal skins on virtually identical chassis that can only be differentiated by the body decals for headlights, etc. 428 hemi Dodge Daytona's with the nose and wing running against 429 Cobra Jet fastback Torinos and 454 powered Chevelles running with 455 Olds's and 455 Buick Grand Nationals. Yeah, there was "cheating" back then (like there ISN'T now?), but stock cars were actually based off of production cars and engines available at the dealer, not space frames running 355 SBC's and funny car body skins that only resemble the car they're named after because of the roof panel. Jus' sayin', as I've been around racing since the mid sixties, grew up as a pit rat as a kid with my dad's sprint car team (hence the real sprint cars don't have wings quote) raced against and regularly beat "Speedy" Bill Smith's team from Speedway Motors, THE street rod and IMCA supplier, Bill and my dad have been friends for nearly 50 years.

All things said and done, I prefer the "good ol' days" of stock car racing. If a manufacturer couldn't build a motor or body style that could compete and the team couldn't get some more horsepower out of the mill to stay competitive, then that model wasn't run the next year. Mopar dominated for a few years, as did GM and Ford in their times, too. It started to go downhill with the derating of engines in '73 for emissions and then the really hideous body styles that started coming out of Detroit from the Big Three in the mid-seventies (can we say Fairmont, Aspen and late Chevelle?) It really started going downhill in the later '80's as the midsized cars got smaller, big block motors from the factory disappeared entirely as an option, and midsized cars started going to front wheel drive.

Now it's Camrys, really? What next, Kias and Daewoos? All running tube cage frames and 355 SBC's? How "stock" is stock car racing, really? If they really wanted to keep to the roots, then it would be 3.8L FWD Luminas going up against V8 SHO FWD Taruses going up against the Mopar mid-size FWD sedans. Gut the interiors, weld a roll cage into the unibody, detrim 'em and tape up the openings and let's go racing!

Just my humble opinion, and opinions are like *ssholes - everyone has one and some are just bigger and more flaming red than others!:rof:

At least back in the day you could actually tell what make and model the cars were, they weren't all just plastic and sheetmetal skins on virtually identical chassis that can only be differentiated by the body decals for headlights, etc. 428 hemi Dodge Daytona's with the nose and wing running against 429 Cobra Jet fastback Torinos and 454 powered Chevelles running with 455 Olds's and 455 Buick Grand Nationals. Yeah, there was "cheating" back then (like there ISN'T now?), but stock cars were actually based off of production cars and engines available at the dealer, not space frames running 355 SBC's and funny car body skins that only resemble the car they're named after because of the roof panel. Jus' sayin', as I've been around racing since the mid sixties, grew up as a pit rat as a kid with my dad's sprint car team (hence the real sprint cars don't have wings quote) raced against and regularly beat "Speedy" Bill Smith's team from Speedway Motors, THE street rod and IMCA supplier, Bill and my dad have been friends for nearly 50 years.

All things said and done, I prefer the "good ol' days" of stock car racing. If a manufacturer couldn't build a motor or body style that could compete and the team couldn't get some more horsepower out of the mill to stay competitive, then that model wasn't run the next year. Mopar dominated for a few years, as did GM and Ford in their times, too. It started to go downhill with the derating of engines in '73 for emissions and then the really hideous body styles that started coming out of Detroit from the Big Three in the mid-seventies (can we say Fairmont, Aspen and late Chevelle?) It really started going downhill in the later '80's as the midsized cars got smaller, big block motors from the factory disappeared entirely as an option, and midsized cars started going to front wheel drive.

Now it's Camrys, really? What next, Kias and Daewoos? All running tube cage frames and 355 SBC's? How "stock" is stock car racing, really? If they really wanted to keep to the roots, then it would be 3.8L FWD Luminas going up against V8 SHO FWD Taruses going up against the Mopar mid-size FWD sedans. Gut the interiors, weld a roll cage into the unibody, detrim 'em and tape up the openings and let's go racing!

Just my humble opinion, and opinions are like *ssholes - everyone has one and some are just bigger and more flaming red than others!:rof:

FTI the Camry is the only model Built in the USA that races in CUP

FTI the Camry is the only model Built in the USA that races in CUP

I know that, but with Globalization, how long before US built BMW's, Mercedes, or other manufactures already here in the US like Nissan will be racing in NASCAR? And what will they be powered with? I would LOVE to see a BMW or Mercedes turbo diesel running on B100 running in and winning in NASCAR! (Just like Audi and Peugeot diesels are dominating road racing).

I do like the fact that NASCAR is running ethanol, but they should be running E85 or E100. They would find that the cars would run cooler, and they can get just as much horsepower as gasoline if they upped compression to 12.5-13:1 on alcohol. We ran almost straight methanol with enough nitro in it to light the alcohol in our sprint car, (dad did quite a bit of correspondence with Vic Edelbrock back then on running methanol/nitro and fuel injection) and we were dyno-ing 675 HP in a seriously built 327 back in '66-'68. Ah, the good ol' days of run what you brung in open wheel sprint car racing!

I know that, but with Globalization, how long before US built BMW's, Mercedes, or other manufactures already here in the US like Nissan will be racing in NASCAR? And what will they be powered with? I would LOVE to see a BMW or Mercedes turbo diesel running on B100 running in and winning in NASCAR! (Just like Audi and Peugeot diesels are dominating road racing).

I do like the fact that NASCAR is running ethanol, but they should be running E85 or E100. They would find that the cars would run cooler, and they can get just as much horsepower as gasoline if they upped compression to 12.5-13:1 on alcohol. We ran almost straight methanol with enough nitro in it to light the alcohol in our sprint car, (dad did quite a bit of correspondence with Vic Edelbrock back then on running methanol/nitro and fuel injection) and we were dyno-ing 675 HP in a seriously built 327 back in '66-'68. Ah, the good ol' days of run what you brung in open wheel sprint car racing!

we run a 15% ethenol fuel, so I guess you could call it E85 Cup engines are 12 to 1 Comp Ratio

we run a 15% ethenol fuel, so I guess you could call it E85 Cup engines are 12 to 1 Comp Ratio

That would be E15, 15% Ethanol/85% gas. E85 is 85% Ethanol/15% gas. I'm in Nebraska, the #2 US producer of Ethanol and #3 Globally. We have mix pumps out here at the stations so we can chose at the pump if we want straight Unleaded, or 10, 15, 30 or 85% Ethanol blend made for our tank. If you have a GM or Ford Flex-fuel vehicle, the computer will automatically compensate for the blended fuel density and adjust the injection event accordingly.

We were running TRW forged 12.5:1 comp pistons back in the day at a static comp ratio of almost 13:1. Running nearly 98% Methanol ("wood" alcohol) and just a touch of nitro to kick things off with a bang. Once the motor was warmed and running good, it was watch out!!

Ok I have to ask if you knew Carl Holbrook back in the day? out of Michigan. I used to talk with Carl about the old days while he built blown motors for the drug dealers who had big time cash. He was a very interesting man.

Back