• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX40II Downpipe $$

You're saying that this adaptor will fit, or you're offering to make an adaptor that's made for my application? I'm gonna need some other parts from you as well. Whenever I get back to that project...

You're saying that this adaptor will fit, or you're offering to make an adaptor that's made for my application? I'm gonna need some other parts from you as well. Whenever I get back to that project...

No I don't think it will fit, unless your Turbo is the same as HX35 ex outlet, the only way I could build you one is to have your turbo to mock it up

I hope your not sold out cause I think im going for it and buying that same turbo, got to love tax time. Whats included the exhaust elbow and clamp? im just gonna need the adapter for the oil feed line right? I should be ready in a week or so to order that puppy up haha

I hope your not sold out cause I think im going for it and buying that same turbo, got to love tax time. Whats included the exhaust elbow and clamp? im just gonna need the adapter for the oil feed line right? I should be ready in a week or so to order that puppy up haha

Yep I have the fitting also, I still have 2 of the downpipes You get the pipe and the 2 1/2 inch vclamp, you can reuse the 3 inch you have now

Here are a couple pics of the HX35W I just got. It's off an 01 Dodge dually.

Raceday, earlier in this thread you mentioned that you thought your exhaust adapter for the HX40II would also fit the HX35W. The configuration is almost the same, but won't fit my turbo because of the style of outlet on mine (see the pics).

The cast outlet will have to be removed and a new plate sourced. The new plate will either need to be welded to the exhaust elbow, or have the other half of the V band welded to the plate (probably the best solution).

Don

Attachments

• IMGP1392.jpg
    IMGP1392.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 13
  • IMGP1390.jpg
    IMGP1390.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 10
All that needs to be done is to unbolt the elbow off the exhaust housing and go on ebay to find the plate that excepts the v band clamp.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I spent some time last night on fleabay searching with very little success. All I found was one listing for the plate with the clockable elbow and clamp for $85. I don't need the complete elbow and the price is way too much to buy it and throw away everything but the plate.

I've never spent much time on ebay so my searching skills are probably not very good. I'm going to continue searching and if you or anybody else knows of a place to get either the factory plate or an aftermarket plate and the weld on clamp ring I'd appreciate the info.

Don

Yes, I'm aware of that. I spent some time last night on fleabay searching with very little success. All I found was one listing for the plate with the clockable elbow and clamp for $85. I don't need the complete elbow and the price is way too much to buy it and throw away everything but the plate.

I've never spent much time on ebay so my searching skills are probably not very good. I'm going to continue searching and if you or anybody else knows of a place to get either the factory plate or an aftermarket plate and the weld on clamp ring I'd appreciate the info.

Don

Ive never used this but it looks like a nice piece
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holset-HY-35-HX35-Turbo-Downpipe-Flange-Custom-Weld-3-/140631158837?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5931891825704552987

That's what I did, just bought a plate off a different turbo. Took a bit of time going through the piles of cummins turbos in the junk yard at the place I was at. Worked great.

Hey racedaymechanic, I may want one of these down pipes from you but I need to clear up a couple of questions. What is the main difference in an hx40 and an hx40II and an hx 35w? I understand that the hx 40 has a 4" exh. outlet and I wasn't aware of an HX 40 II. What's the diff? Is your down pipe 3" or 4"? I have a couple of hx35IIs and I was planning on starting with one of these and then gradually upgrading after measuring egt.temps, drive & boost pressures. I have talked to a couple of turbo shops and they said that I can machine the comp. hsg and install a larger comp. wheel and keep the stock turbine wheel if I need more boost without sacrificing bottom end response (spoolup time) if the drive pressures are not too high. If the drive pressures are high would have to go to a bigger exh hsg. Do you know the specs on the hx 40 VS the hx 40 II? Care to enlighten me? I have the specs on my hx 35s compr size turbine size and exh. hsg size in MMs if you want to compare them.
Keep up the good work.

Oh I forgot, handcannon, I may have the piece that you need I just want to wait for racedaymechanic to clear up questions and I will know if I have what you need.

Hey racedaymechanic, I may want one of these down pipes from you but I need to clear up a couple of questions. What is the main difference in an hx40 and an hx40II and an hx 35w? I understand that the hx 40 has a 4" exh. outlet and I wasn't aware of an HX 40 II. What's the diff? Is your down pipe 3" or 4"? I have a couple of hx35IIs and I was planning on starting with one of these and then gradually upgrading after measuring egt.temps, drive & boost pressures. I have talked to a couple of turbo shops and they said that I can machine the comp. hsg and install a larger comp. wheel and keep the stock turbine wheel if I need more boost without sacrificing bottom end response (spoolup time) if the drive pressures are not too high. If the drive pressures are high would have to go to a bigger exh hsg. Do you know the specs on the hx 40 VS the hx 40 II? Care to enlighten me? I have the specs on my hx 35s compr size turbine size and exh. hsg size in MMs if you want to compare them.
Keep up the good work.

The HX40II is the same physical size as a HX35 and has the same size exhaust flange and location, It spools up quick, as quick as the GM8 IMHO and keeps on pulling, The HX40II is built in China and has nothing to do with Holset except its interchangable with a HX35. There is a company out there that builds has a updated Holset housing and Comp wheel for a 35, the HX40II has a 56mm comp wheel, I have the boost set at about 15 psi max, cruising at 65mph with no load boost is around 2 psi, EGTs are at least 200f lower than the GM8 I have yet to see 1000 degrees and I put my foot in it pulling my 5th wheel on a grade

So your down pipe uses a 3" v band @ the turbo outlet and the original down pipe connection correct? I guess you don't know the turbine and the ex. hsg size correct? The compressor wheel on one of my hx 35 is 56mm and one is 54 they both have the same exh. specs. The gm 8 is way too restrictive I had no problem hitting 25lbs of boost but way too ineficient. (not sure thats spelled correctly)

So your down pipe uses a 3" v band @ the turbo outlet and the original down pipe connection correct? I guess you don't know the turbine and the ex. hsg size correct? The compressor wheel on one of my hx 35 is 56mm and one is 54 they both have the same exh. specs. The gm 8 is way too restrictive I had no problem hitting 25lbs of boost but way too ineficient. (not sure thats spelled correctly)

It uses a 2 1/2 inch vband on the exhaust outlet and a 3inch at the downpipe

Ok I will probably get one of these later this year, my project got put behind due to unexpected major shoulder surgery in Nov. I also like that filter relocator. I'm sure you'll post some results after pulling you 5th wheel. Keep up the good R&D.
handcannon I will have to look to make sure I have an extra V band flange, I have to keep enough to put on the HX 35 turbos that I have.

I was refering to the 3" v band plate on the ebay link you posted, it has a 3" v band so I was wondering if you were going to fab a pipe to fit that 3" plate that was listed for $44.00 on ebay.

Back