• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX40II Downpipe $$

I'm sorry raceday I don't mean to put more on your plate I was just thinking the 3" on ebay would work with a larger exh. hsg. by the way I have seen some products on other threads supplied by you, do you have a website for your products to see what you have made available?

raceday, I'm trying to get straight how these v-bands are commonly measured.

I also have a 4" Diamond Eye exhaust with a 3" downpipe. I'll use your first pic in post 11 as an example since this was designed to fit with the Diamond Eye downpipe. Is the lower flange used there designed to normally slip over the 3" OD exhaust pipe before being welded on? If so the ID is 3" and the OD is maybe about 3.5" (or slightly larger) and the v-band clamp that holds it to the DE downpipe then is considered a 3" clamp? Do I have this correct, or am I way off base?

If I have this correct then any flange listed as 2.5", whether on e-bay or elsewhere, will be 2.5" ID to fit 2.5" OD exhaust pipe. The same then goes for a 3" flange and 3" pipe.

Don

raceday, I'm trying to get straight how these v-bands are commonly measured.

I also have a 4" Diamond Eye exhaust with a 3" downpipe. I'll use your first pic in post 11 as an example since this was designed to fit with the Diamond Eye downpipe. Is the lower flange used there designed to normally slip over the 3" OD exhaust pipe before being welded on? If so the ID is 3" and the OD is maybe about 3.5" (or slightly larger) and the v-band clamp that holds it to the DE downpipe then is considered a 3" clamp? Do I have this correct, or am I way off base?

If I have this correct then any flange listed as 2.5", whether on e-bay or elsewhere, will be 2.5" ID to fit 2.5" OD exhaust pipe. The same then goes for a 3" flange and 3" pipe.

Don

Your right a 3 inch flange has a 3 inch ID and fits 3 inch pipe a 2 1/2 inch flange has a 2 1/2 inch ID and fits 2 1/2 inch pipe

I was refering to the 3" v band plate on the ebay link you posted, it has a 3" v band so I was wondering if you were going to fab a pipe to fit that 3" plate that was listed for $44.00 on ebay.

I only used that because you stated you needed the v band plate that goes on the Turbo, using that would let you use 3 inch all the way to the downpipe flange, the link i showed was a weld plate no v band

I'm sorry raceday I don't mean to put more on your plate I was just thinking the 3" on ebay would work with a larger exh. hsg. by the way I have seen some products on other threads supplied by you, do you have a website for your products to see what you have made available?

Hahaha I have a pretty big plate, the only things I have on my website right now is the wiring stuff http://ptwiringsolutions.com/

Oh I forgot, handcannon, I may have the piece that you need I just want to wait for racedaymechanic to clear up questions and I will know if I have what you need.

Thanks!! Just let me know. If you do decide you have an extra piece it might be better to PM me to make sure I get the message. I often forget on which thread, or forum for that matter, where I have read or contacted somebody. I have AAMDS ( age activated memory deficit syndrome), or at least that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Don

Your right a 3 inch flange has a 3 inch ID and fits 3 inch pipe a 2 1/2 inch flange has a 2 1/2 inch ID and fits 2 1/2 inch pipe

Thanks!!! That really helps me out.

I'm an ex-cabinetmaker, not a mechanic or fabricator (just a wannabe), so I'm not used to other trades way of measuring or describing things.

Don

By the way, thanks for the link to the weld plate. At $45, plus $10 shipping the $85 used flange, clamp and clockable elbow don't sound as expensive. I'm on a very limited income so I have to do my best to make Lincoln squeal.

I just ran across this statement by a member on another forum. Not wanting to mess up that thread with a hijack since it was technical in nature I'm coming here.
-----------------------------
Oil Drain Gasket.
Not sure what the GM Number is but Dodge uses the same one:
Part Number 5264569. "Gasket, Oil Drain"

---------------------
Not having the GM4 turbo out to be able to compare it to the Holset HX35W makes it tougher, but just using my eye the gasket footprint looks the same.

If this is correct then that is one more item taken care of before being ready to swap in the HX35W in place of the GM4.

That leaves the oil inlet fitting to figure out. And of course locating an exhaust flange.

Don

I just ran across this statement by a member on another forum. Not wanting to mess up that thread with a hijack since it was technical in nature I'm coming here.
-----------------------------
Oil Drain Gasket.
Not sure what the GM Number is but Dodge uses the same one:
Part Number 5264569. "Gasket, Oil Drain"

---------------------
Not having the GM4 turbo out to be able to compare it to the Holset HX35W makes it tougher, but just using my eye the gasket footprint looks the same.

If this is correct then that is one more item taken care of before being ready to swap in the HX35W in place of the GM4.

That leaves the oil inlet fitting to figure out. And of course locating an exhaust flange.

Don

I have the fitting for sale, it adapts from male metric to female pipe

Ok, so if I want to go 3" on both ends I need to get that fabbed elsewhere, you have no plans of doing these in 3" on both ends?

Ok, so if I want to go 3" on both ends I need to get that fabbed elsewhere, you have no plans of doing these in 3" on both ends?

If you use a HX35 and have a flange it wont be 3 inch on the turbo side it will be 2 1/2, there is no way to put a 3 inch flange on the 35 or 40II the bolts are too close together, you can weld a 3 inch pipe to the plate i gave you the ebay link to

So I guess the plate on the Holset HX 40 is larger and a different bolt pattern than the HX 35 and the 40II? I ask to see what has to be changed to go to an HX40, I geuss you would have to build a down pipe with a 4" V band to mate to a Holset HX 40 correct?

So I guess the plate on the Holset HX 40 is larger and a different bolt pattern than the HX 35 and the 40II? I ask to see what has to be changed to go to an HX40, I geuss you would have to build a down pipe with a 4" V band to mate to a Holset HX 40 correct?

No the plate from a 40 will not fit a 35, i would be willing to bet the 40 actually takes a 3 inch vband, not a 4

Yea, your correct. Mike K3500 has pics of one on his thread (I can't figure out how to paste it here,computer ignorant) and it has a 3" outlet and he put a 3.5 pipe but I'm not sure that setup will work on my burb with dual heat and the A/C in place.

The 40 is a a 3 1/2" inch outlet with a 4" V-band.. there is plenty room for a full 3 1/2" down pipe in there, however the AC wouldn't fit the way I made it.. unless a person could creative and get some fittings to move the AC towards the passenger fender well a lil bit.

I just welded my 3 1/2" elbow to the 3" bell from the diamond eye down pipe..for now and wrapped it with header wrap, it's all installed now and will get some pics tomorrow.

100_5527.jpg

I was trying to actually move the entire post with the pics from one thread to another.

I have the fitting for sale, it adapts from male metric to female pipe

My HX35W does not have a fitting in the turbo oil inlet like the GM4 does, should have though. See first pic. This would be the male metric?

First pic is of my GM4 oil inlet fitting and oil line. This oil line would be the female pipe thread?

Second pic is of the oil input where the Dodge fitting should be.

So if I have this straight in my mind, I need to source a stock Dodge fitting (metric). Then your adapter fitting would work to connect my GM oil line (pipe thread) to the Dodge turbo fitting.

Don

Attachments

• IMGP1395.jpg
    IMGP1395.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMGP1393.jpg
    IMGP1393.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 4
Back