• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GMTD scan tech

Well boys when it rains it pours. Last night I pulled all the GP,s. Bled the FFM and the drain T valve.
Went to crank it click click click batteries charged up did a load test on both batteries good. Gave it on more try and when it clicked I put a wrench on the crank pulley turned it a little and heard the starter drive return back out of the fly wheel did that a few times no luck. Out there today getting ready to pull the starter and I thought I’d give it one more try and it cranked over. Still think there a problem w/the starter. Bad spot on the armature maybe. So with all the GP,s out KO turn the LP on and the
In line fuel gauge pegged. Go figure!!! Bled pressure off through the drain tried it again very little fuel and bubbles in the clear return line at the IP and the in line fuel gauge pegged again. Voltage at the shut off valve pulled it to verify it was working. The IP fuel inlet screen OK. I see fuel below the shut off valve and inlet screen. Pulled the clear line off the return at the IP and blew through it and heard air flowing from where I couldn’t tell by myself. What else could keep the fuel from going through the IP? Could all eight injectors be bad MrMarty51 and not popping off? I guess I can loosen the injector lines at the injectors to see if there is fuel. Shouldn’t I see fuel flowing in the clear fuel return line at the IP w/ the LP energized from the switch ? Also tried cranking it still hardly any fuel at the clear line. There is a little fuel w/ bubbles but why is the inline fuel gauge pegging? I don’t think I have the fuel lines from the FFM routed wrong. The outlet line from the FFM goes directly to the inlet at the IP w/ an inline gauge in it. The drain line at the FFM goes directly to the T valve up by the alternator right? I got the LP from Quadstar last year. Maybe it locked up lol. I message Quadstar support and called John at Quadstar and haven’t heard back. Help guys so discouraged thanks.

Back