• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Finally injection pump leak detected

panran

Reaction score
Towed the truck to Colorado finally and now can work on it again. Stanadyne DB4 injection pump never could stop the bubbles in return line but finally tracked down the source after removing the lower intake a dozen times. Replaced lines to and from ffm and also replaced ffm housing because the water fuel sensor looked cracked exposing wires but turns out wasn’t leaking. Turns out it coming from under the injection pump. Had the hard lines off a couple of times thinking maybe I didn’t get them tight enough now they have become easy to deal with. So finally used folded paper towel 1 inch at a time starting at hard line and moving towards the front and then it showed up. So I am going to post a pic and if someone can tell me what kind or if I can get a replacement gasket without purchasing a whole gasket kit which is $100+. Thanks panran ps the part screwed in at bottom of pic

Attachments

• IMG_1223.jpeg
    IMG_1223.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1222.jpeg
    IMG_1222.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 16
Maybe have saved you the cost of a gasket kit but, maybe not to your advantage.
Unless I'm mistaken, that is the 'advance cover assy. There's a seal under there, not a gasket and, of course, it's a unique one.
No idea where to source one. I'll keep looking through the manual to see if it could be something else. Hang in there.
1728868092548.png

Maybe have saved you the cost of a gasket kit but, maybe not to your advantage.
Unless I'm mistaken, that is the 'advance cover assy. There's a seal under there, not a gasket and, of course, it's a unique one.
No idea where to source one. I'll keep looking through the manual to see if it could be something else. Hang in there.
View attachment 90167
Very much appreciated…thank you for the time. Sincerely panran

I believe that @Quadstar Tuning LLC has the gasket/seal kits available for both styles of pumps.
But as stated, next to $100.00.

Thanks for looking. I did see some for around $55-$60 bucks and they want $20 for shipping and the weight of the package 1lb….they call them aftermarket which probably most are…which I would go with but while looking at the pictures I don’t see any that resembles that gasket (seal)I thought it was mentioned to be keyhole shaped seal…..me being an old man knew exactly what that shape looks like growing up in the 50’s most of the doors had those shaped locks and they took what was called a skeleton key…but fail to see a seal that has that shape..if anyone knows that the kit has one let me know and I will get it. I’m unsure if I want pull the IP to check it out closer and not be able to find the correct parts…the truck is outside near the barn and the area is “high plains” called “Palmer Divide” and the wind is always blowing with winter about on us thinking every intake exhaust and fluid opening will probably take in snow. Sorry I woke up after a nap and rambling but after long story in short would like to just have all the gaskets and seals that will do the job just don’t see a seal that looks like that in the kit. Unless it’s coming from another gasket but it’s right in that area..the advance stepper motor is right there..wondering if that has a gasket that could be leaking down on that area..nothing shows on the upper area.. anyhow I’m a one finger at a time texter and it’s after 1am time for bed…thanks

Back