• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Custom Decals

Which style is preffered..?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
that picture is going on my website lol I also ordered enough chrome that I dont think we will run out for a while. So it is priced accordingly and even when I run out Ill still get the 5 yr and keep it that price for you guys since you support me with other decals. Ill go in the store sometime tonight after the snow is done and change it to the normal 2 yr against defects that I do

Thanks Rob, we appreciate it. Hopefully my DTR decal will come in monday. I'm going to be contacting you on your site about making a couple of large "Calvin pissing on Obama" Decals. Thanks again.

Last edited:
that picture is going on my website lol I also ordered enough chrome that I dont think we will run out for a while. So it is priced accordingly and even when I run out Ill still get the 5 yr and keep it that price for you guys since you support me with other decals. Ill go in the store sometime tonight after the snow is done and change it to the normal 2 yr against defects that I do

Thank you very much! I will order one. :thumbsup:

Just like a sticker but both sides of the decal have a backer on it. After you stick it to the window you peel off the other backer which holds it all in place until you stick it on the window.

Well I just can`t wait....Hurry up Rob put it in the post.....:D

Is there any tricks I need to know before I install the decal so their are no bubbles and its straight? I have always used soap and water on large or long decals then used a squeegee after it was straight to get the water and air out. Like installing window tint. But it sounds like this methed won't work with this type of decal with a backer on both sides.

word of warning...make sure the back window and everything around it is as clean as a computer clean room and there is no wind to blow particulate matter around or onto the surface...

the slightest speck of debris will show through as the reflective nature of the chrome will show the most minuscule defect or poor application practice...

I was meticulous...(over meticulous IMO)... in cleaning the window surface I even buffed it out...and I still managed to have a particle bump here and there...though only visible if you're looking for it... sucks ...mainly cause I know it's there.

remember these are 26" the rear window is 64"(at the bottom)... to center the decal on the rear window you need to have 19" on either side...measure your window to be sure though(mines an 01'...no slider)

Pepp, did you use the edge of the backing paper as a guide and line it up with the bottom edge of your back glass?

yes... but be careful and make sure the letters are the same distance from the bottom edge all the way across...mine looked as though it was hand cut with scissors with an uneven bottom edge...so I measured the letters distance from the bottom edge of the paper and adjusted the decal accordingly...

yes it was hand cut. I coulnt find a cutter big enough for it lol. As far as shipping to canada its the same rate as US. For the install you can use soapy water just make sure you let the decal sit and dry after squeeging it or use a heat gun on a low setting.

there not that hard to install trust me, small ones and ones this size I dont even use water anymore I have a good eye for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back