• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Codes. Truck won’t move

So this is what I found for ignition switch

Wasn’t able to find any other diagram

Will check some more wiring tonight after work

Attachments

• 2C8C16C7-DA87-4949-9D84-35BE3E8AAB18.png
    2C8C16C7-DA87-4949-9D84-35BE3E8AAB18.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 7
  • AA3A438C-1E98-4CAE-A1D1-F52932B676BC.png
    AA3A438C-1E98-4CAE-A1D1-F52932B676BC.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 6
ok, I would say start at the ignition switch as long as all of your fuses in both the dash and under hood box are good along with none missing.

you will need to remove the plastic covering over the column behind the steering wheel to get to the ignition switch connector iirc.

looking at the pin out you posted, with the key off you should have b+ power on pin F and pin B. verify and move on.

Next turn the key to the run position, you should now see B+ power on pins A, C, E, and G.

the way these switches work is they are split into two sections with two power inputs and 4 outputs when the key is in the run position.

If one of the input wires are lacking power, we need to trace it up to the battery. if one of the 4 other wires are lacking power when the two inputs are good, then you have a faulty ignition switch.

try this and we can eliminate the switch as being an issue.

1696950223786.png

Well, it's time to begin tracing the two leads back from the TCM till you find where it has power. I wish I had more info on the schematic for you. maybe others might have access to them. I know @denata has impressed me with his knowledge of electrical on these rigs. he might have some help to share.

So step 4 I can’t do as my scanner doesn’t have a function to command solenoids.

I went threw the remaining steps I get all the way to step 6.

Ohm 22/33. 6.8
Ohm L/M. 6.8

So from what I have read now i guess it’s time to drop the pan and check the solenoid and harness.

Sucks cause I had DHD in Michigan. Go threw that valve body and they put new harness pressure switch

So step 4 I can’t do as my scanner doesn’t have a function to command solenoids.

I went threw the remaining steps I get all the way to step 6.

Ohm 22/33. 6.8
Ohm L/M. 6.8

So from what I have read now i guess it’s time to drop the pan and check the solenoid and harness.

Sucks cause I had DHD in Michigan. Go threw that valve body and they put new harness pressure switch
Is there any warranty on the work they did?

Even if no warranty. It might be worth a phone call to them giving them the details of what it’s doing and the codes. Telling them the steps you’ve done testing the harness and things leading up to the trans.

If all else checks out the only two things that are left is the TCM and the trans

Honestly for what it’s worth I would at least think it should have 2nd gear and reverse (trans limp mode)
Will do the checks tomorrow.

It seems weird as when I first put the valve body back in I was able to clear the code and get it to move forward and reverse. As I think that it was in limp. Now I can’t even get the code to clear to even get it to move ,

If I unplug the 20 way connector I do get forward and reverse . As you guys have said that’s limp aswell

Keep chugging along on the steps. something that occurred to me. has the trans or engine ever been pulled? check the harness up around the trans bell housing to see if any wires could have possibly gotten sammiched between the block and trans. this is a common oops that happens to everyone and will cause some hair pulling figuring out what happened.

Solenoid A and B. Ohm at 5.6. That’s with pan dropped and harness unplugged.
It’s currently 10 degrees Celsius out

L/m terminal. 5.6

Terminal 22/23 on red connector 5.6

I’m lost

Last edited:
Back