• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Center mount turbo

I think it would only be fair at this point to tell you guys that Justin will be working for ATS soon. In sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
What is your job at ATS going to be?

retail sales rep.

IMHO, if a company builds a trans for 500HP towing, it should hold 500hp towing whatever you please. Its called building a good tranny that doesnt just squeak by 500 hp but takes a 500hp @$$ kicking.

So he was hotshotting? How can you warranty a tranny when someone is admittedly towing more than the truck itself is rated to tow.

No, he was using the truck for its intended use, no one said he was towing more then what the truck was rated for.

He wanted piece of mind over the stock dodge automatic junk, piece mind? obviously not.

Yep!

And I'm glad to see the comments STAY. That is the main reason I don't post on the other place anymore.

We try hard here to leave everything alone unless it is just an outright violation of the forum rules, or belongs on it's own so we pull it out and give it it's own thread. We just try to keep it all in it's appropriate sections mostly, and keep the links within site rules.

Took the truck out for a test run. Smoothest shifting it has EVER had. Fast, precise shifts. Seems like it has more power :)

Sorry if i missed it in the trash but what did you do to the tranny. I know you used a 99 4l80 but did you do anything special as far as clutches, valve body, or torque converter? Did the 99 have the upgraded input shaft?

Glad it works good for you now!

The side mount is t3. I made my center mount t4. Much larger... for more flow.

Did you use 6.5 Hummer/Van manifolds to feed your T4 up pipe/flange and the setup you made...is it all one pipe or two seperate? Or maybe you just used the stock 6.2 non-turbo manifolds? Either way that is one nice setup and I think you can hit the boost and have superior flow because of how fast and well the exhaust travels to the turbo. Any chance you'd want to make another set of pipe(s) with a T4 mount. I thought about going twin turbo for a pulling truck, but don't see how I'm going to get that to work in the pulling classes around here in PA...would most likely be running in the 2.6 street class.

little far of a drive for me but very interested in how the manifold-t4 flange was setup. You mentioned earlier that you won't be able to test other turbo's on this setup, is it because of hood clearance or was there another issue?

Stop by the shop someday ... or come along up to numidia an watch us run at the drag strip ...... this Saturday!

Hey littleboy, I am overdue and do have to come over to the shop. Did you say you are on Smith Station Road? And I've never been to Numidia, so I think I'll take you up on that offer...plus I don't have to work next weekend because I worked yesterday. I really do agree on the center mount being the only way to build one of these engines...just think spooling and general flow is alltogether better than the truck's factory location.

little far of a drive for me but very interested in how the manifold-t4 flange was setup. You mentioned earlier that you won't be able to test other turbo's on this setup, is it because of hood clearance or was there another issue?

Mainly due to the fact that the holset flange is T4i instead of standard t4. Also, my exhaust pipe is specifically made for this turbo/wastegate configuration. And everything is extremely tite.
Next one will be similar, but more versatile. Smaller gate, better placement, etc etc.

Cumminsfever, is your hood a stocker? Think with a cowl hood you could pick up enough room to do a different turbo, or just give yourself a little more space?

Back