• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bring it on! Att vs. Hx35

You guys are evil!!!!

The ATT has no business being on a 6.5. There has been so much tried since the last post in this thread before Simone decided to be a pudding stick.

I as well as others have proven that the ATT is a joke and waste of money.

Does Dennis still pedal that overpriced under performing POS ???

I would put my HX40 up against an ATT any day of the week, OH WAIT I already did and kicked it's ARSE!!!!

You guys are evil!!!!

The ATT has no business being on a 6.5. There has been so much tried since the last post in this thread before Simone decided to be a pudding stick.

I would put my HX40 up against an ATT any day of the week, OH WAIT I already did and kicked it's ARSE!!!!
Well, thats your opinion. And we all know everybody has something like an opinion, and they all stink. YOU may not like it, but MANY ARe happy with it, and yes he is still selling them with happy customers still reporting back about them. Or at least they are happy once they get a proper tune to make the turbo work.

Well, thats your opinion. And we all know everybody has something like an opinion, and they all stink. YOU may not like it, but MANY ARe happy with it, and yes he is still selling them with happy customers still reporting back about them. Or at least they are happy once they get a proper tune to make the turbo work.

Sorry for the news flash, but I did an actual back to back test of both turbos and the FACT is that the ATT is a POS and only works above 3000 rpm and the HX40 still blows it away at any load or rpm.

I have posted actual vids in different tunes and even some towing my camper.

So in reality it's not an opinion, I have hard data and vids that prove it.

Sorry for the news flash, but I did an actual back to back test of both turbos and the FACT is that the ATT is a POS and only works above 3000 rpm and the HX40 still blows it away at any load or rpm.

I have posted actual vids in different tunes and even some towing my camper.

So in reality it's not an opinion, I have hard data and vids that prove it.
So every great once in a while you come around here to refresh everybody's memory about how they had hoped the last time you stopped by was the LAST time. How very inconsiderate of you. But at least we all know that some things never change and we can still count on you. See ya next time you feel a need to be a ...well I'll let you guess

First pic is 60 joints 2 1/2" pipe, second has 100 lengths of sucker rod under the forklift, third weighs 35960 pounds. All done with the ATT well under 3000 rpm. Your camper must be BIG.SA400830.JPG SA400832.JPG SA400866-001.JPG SA400866-001.JPG

How is telling the truth about something so irritating to you guys??

I did the tests and showed the results and yet you still defend the indefensible.

You're right about one thing, some things never change and it happens to be the people who ignore the truth for whatever reasons they so choose.

I'm not inconsiderate by telling the facts. Let's see all the vids of the ATT in action posting zero to sixty and 100 times, as well as towing up hills.

I've posted them and still haven't seen the att vids besting a Chinese knock off HX40.

Show me the results of the ATT beating my turbo and I'll shut up and leave this site forever.

There's a challenge you should be all excited about. Beat my times and the zombie disappears from TTS forever. LOL

P.S. good luck and no cheating!!!

You guys are evil!!!!

It's a personal agenda for you it seems. Ferm put it best, it's an opinion. I don't have any interest in any turbo for the 6.5.. but, the A-Team Turbo has the right to be marketed here just like the HX40 does.

I personally won't allow one or the other to not be mentioned on the forum. However, I don't appreciate the childish bash on a site vendor that pays to sell the Turbo. If we have a HX60 vendor, I would feel the same way.

Dennis isn't a paying vendor here anymore. Leroy Diesel is however, and sells them.

I'm not pushing a personal agenda, and it's not an opinion as I tested an ATT just so the BS could be put to rest.

As far as bashing a vendor goes I wasn't doing that either. I was bashing the turbo because it doesn't live up to the claims set forth by the seller or some who have purchased it. It may work for some as it is better than a stock turbo, but others like myself have tested multiple turbos and have shared the results. Most people who have an ATT haven't tried anything else other than stock and therefore have no real comparison other than the ATT is better than what they had, but it's definitely not the best turbo for a 6.5.

Jim and Jeff have tried more combinations on the 6.5 than any other people I know, but am not sure if they have tested an ATT or not, and I'm sure they will tell you that even if you haven't run one that if you compare the numbers [specs] that the ATT is just not well suited for the 6.5

Either way what I'm trying to convey is that the Att is over rated and under performing and over priced to boot.

It's not bashing if it's the truth, and please don't take offense as you know I'm a cut to the chase put it out there person and I don't sugar coat anything.

My last post still stands, show me the facts on how the ATT is better and not just your opinion and I'll let dead dogs lie.

I also am tired of the BS of false info being put out there with OPINIONS that the ATT is better when the facts just don't support that opinion.

I hope this crap ends right here. Opinions are like well you know, and the facts are what the rest of us are looking for.

I will keep it factual and try not to ruffle feathers but I will not lay down just because someone threatens me.

The best way to shut anyone up is to present the facts and let the truth do the talking for you.

If I'm wrong about the ATT and someone can prove it, than that would be the icing on the cake in making me look like a fool.

RZ.

If I'm wrong about the ATT and someone can prove it, than that would be the icing on the cake in making me look like a fool.

That icing was slapped on that cake a long time ago.

All I see on your last three post are blah, blah, blah, blah, and more bullshit.

If you have these so called facts, post them up. Right here, right now.

If not, then STFU and leave the same way you came in. Nobody wants to see this crap.

I no longer have a dog in the 6.5 fight myself as I got tired of dealing with mine many moons ago. But it always seems to be an agenda with you when you show up. You like to throw out your videos and all the supposed un biased testing you have done, but wasn't there some other testing done that showed they were actually pretty close to each other(unlike your OPINION that it is a POS). Is there better out there than the ATT, sure there is always something better out there. But in the end it is a PROVEN bolt on setup that the average DIYer can do to there rig, get good results from, and not have to worry about high drive pressures, high boost pressures, and pushing there 6.5 beyond what it can hold.

Well since we're all throwing out opinions. I've had my ATT for 5 or 6 years now and would never go back. I had Bill Heath redo my tune for it, and I love it. He told me it was a lazy turbo and towing with it is horrible. I said well, just do the best you can with my tune and we'll see what happens. I tow a 9000lb. toy hauler(as per scale, not sticker on the trailer). and it tows 10 times better than the stock turbo with Heaths tune. I wouldn't mind throwing a Hx 35 or 40 on there and try it out, but I am not curious enough, or disappointed in the ATT to want to go buy one. And as far as numbers go, most of us here aren't ricers. I don't give a shit what my dyno numbers are. As long as it pulls my trailer well, thats all I need to know.

You guys are evil!!!!

I like pudding. :p

I've been in an ATT powered truck and I was really impressed, it took off from the light with a puff of black, it lit and we were gone.

I like the ATT concept and the KOJO tune option for the DS2 however I decided after much research to use the CKO HX40w 18 cm2 on my application and consider it the best mod ever on my Burb it lights up quickly making for a whole new driving experience w/6.5td.

I'll be doing a repower soon w/NAVISTAR cast turbo mil takeout adapting my intake to the center mount turbo heads thinking going mechanical w/injection using a moose pump.

The current tone has a familiarity to it from what I read over at the Place. IIRC, Yes the turbo's were switched out. What I never saw was that the system was rebalanced for each turbo (example (but not limited to): a tune specific to each turbo). The approach was just to slap each turbo on the truck, do nothing else, and let that configuration stand. That thread was an incomplete picture and there was no apparent intent to complete it. Actually, IIRC, there was refusal to re-balance the test beds to account for and balance to each turbo. Then it went to trash and even the Mods over at the Place got frustrated with the discussion, had to ban a few folks for a while, and clean up the thread.

So, is this the same 'comparison' and 'test' that we are currently discussing? If it is, I predict the same results as what happened over at the Place . . .

This BS has been blathered all over the forums for years. It ALWAYS leads to a mine's bigger than yours peeing match between the juveniles. None of us on staff pays any attention to DP so I couldn't tell you if it's the same but my guess would be yes.

This BS has been blathered all over the forums for years. It ALWAYS leads to a mine's bigger than yours peeing match between the juveniles. None of us on staff pays any attention to DP so I couldn't tell you if it's the same but my guess would be yes.
Not completely true, I was part of that pissing match at DP. I was threatened with being banned, until I pointed out what was going on and made the mod who threatened to ban me go back and reread what had happened. I ended up getting an apology while I believe the poster in question here got a vacation for his non biased testing. And yes, he is refferring to that thread at DP Jay. I will be the 1st to admit the ATT may not be the best for everybody, but it is STILL a good fit for a large majority of 6.5ers. It has been PROVEN time and time again to work well, provide VERY low backpressure, and move as much air as the CKO's at lower boost and backpressure. And I have ridden in one of the origanal test trucks for it, and I would like to see one of these CKO HX turbos outperform it. And this was before the current batch of tunes came out tailored to work with the ATT.

Ok so my linky with cold hard FACTS must not have been very clear.

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/threads/att-run-vs-hx40ii.38950/

in summery it looks like the HX40II has 7-16 HP more but 20 FT LBS less than the ATT. I would call this the ATT giving a genuine ass kicking to the HX40II. :eek: You see I was running 23 LBS of boost (Bout as much as you would want to run without an intercooler.) with HX40II and only 14 LBS of boost with the ATT! We know the ATT can get 17 PSI on this engine, but, these rollers have trouble winding it up. Regardless the ATT is not working the engine as hard with lower backpressure and boost numbers to get near the same power. So less boost by 50% and nearly the same power.

Any turbo is better than the GM turbo except for those who wish to lug the high speed diesel. Neither turbo I tested lit before 2000 RPM from a dig with a slight nod to the HX40II for lighting slightly sooner and also running out of turbo near redline. It took a lot of spring to hold the HX40II backpressure on the engine. And on that note a looser converter and ATT is fun even with a small .29 plunger 6.2 IP:

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/threads/let-the-insanity-begin-time-to-yank-it.43647/

My 2 ATT turbo's have paid for themselves in fuel savings vs old closed minded advice to just use a turbomaster on the GM craptastic turbo when everyone had a hard on for turbo upgrades of any kind. In fact the 1993 has earned and paid for the complete overhaul it's had. Even the IRS can't argue that point and they tried.

You have gone a different route with your truck and that's fine. It doesn't mean the rest of want to be limited to a mid size turbo and when push comes to shove towing the ATT's lower boost and less backpressure for the same power is easier on the engine oil.

18a.jpg
28trailer.jpg
trailertires.jpg

Here are some ATT videos including a sports car, Nissan Z, having trouble getting away from a certain ATT equipped 3/4 ton Suburban: Now that thing WAS evil! Specifically Hell trying to escape the exhaust sound...
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/threads/att-videos.39789/

Reactions: NVW
Back