• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bring it on! Att vs. Hx35

Thanks Ferm for putting up and comparing the various vids. You have it wrong on my HP tune though. I get to sixty in 8 seconds and to 100 in about 16 or 18 if I remember, I haven't looked at the vids in awhile.

My whole point of putting the vids together and posting them wasn't to show the times [although that is one yardstick to measure by] it was to show how well the HX40 performs from a stock tune all the way up to whatever fueling and timing curve you throw at it. That way you could buy a turbo one time and as your mods got better, more fueling,exhaust or whatever you knew that the turbo was versatile enough to cover many mods/improvements and still have great drivability and performance in all rpm ranges, especially off idle.

Also the tests showed how the ATT doesn't perform well at all levels of tunes from stock to whatever you throw at it. Now if you're Tom and have an OBD1 truck and can make your own tune/s anytime you want it would be fine as you could dial the turbo in to what it likes.

The OBDII crowd doesn't have that luxury and will have to reflash the computer god knows how many times before it's what they like.

You run a tuner and know that each tune will give you different results but it also doesn't mean that you have the best tune [just better or worse] than what you had before.

The HX40 out performs the ATT on every level [especially down low] but I will retract the POS statement only because that is my opinion and I'm entitled to that.

Others may/will disagree with that opinion until they find something they try other than stock or the ATT which might lead them to think the say way.

What I'm trying to say is the ATT is just to narrow in the range that it performs well for me and there are many other turbos out there that perform better,not just the one I'm running.

I was trying to watch them to see when the driver actually hit the throttle. When you have a 3 minute video, you have to watch it until they actually do a 0-60 run from a stand still. I know I rarely take off the second I start recording. For mine it is a bit much to keep mine straight with one hand holding the wheel, and the other holding the camera, let alone hit the record button the second I stab it. Thats the reason why I have no boosted launch videos as it takes both hands to keep mine straight in 4X4 under power(can't hold it in 2 wheel drive, just goes up in smoke). That and after I bent a tie rod end and twisted my driveshaft, the wife said no more beating on the family wagon.

I understand and its admirable of you. Holding the Camera, hitting 'Record' add a little comment for reference and hitting throttle, holding her straight, staying in frame, etc. is a bit challenging. I started using a Go Pro attached to the steering column and have had better results. Better than attaching it to the bumper for the runs against SS Force and then spending a couple of hours trying to find it on the side of the road...

I understand and its admirable of you. Holding the Camera, hitting 'Record' add a little comment for reference and hitting throttle, holding her straight, staying in frame, etc. is a bit challenging. I started using a Go Pro attached to the steering column and have had better results. Better than attaching it to the bumper for the runs against SS Force and then spending a couple of hours trying to find it on the side of the road...
I need to get a gopro and do a video of mine on a boosted launch. I know they are pretty violent in a newer truck, but with the GMT-400 it is just wicked to keep it straight. The one night at the track I did one and spun all 4, it was like driving with a broken tie rod end trying to keep it straight.

Thanks Ferm for putting up and comparing the various vids. You have it wrong on my HP tune though. I get to sixty in 8 seconds and to 100 in about 16 or 18 if I remember, I haven't looked at the vids in awhile.

My whole point of putting the vids together and posting them wasn't to show the times [although that is one yardstick to measure by] it was to show how well the HX40 performs from a stock tune all the way up to whatever fueling and timing curve you throw at it. That way you could buy a turbo one time and as your mods got better, more fueling,exhaust or whatever you knew that the turbo was versatile enough to cover many mods/improvements and still have great drivability and performance in all rpm ranges, especially off idle.

Also the tests showed how the ATT doesn't perform well at all levels of tunes from stock to whatever you throw at it. Now if you're Tom and have an OBD1 truck and can make your own tune/s anytime you want it would be fine as you could dial the turbo in to what it likes.

The OBDII crowd doesn't have that luxury and will have to reflash the computer god knows how many times before it's what they like.

You run a tuner and know that each tune will give you different results but it also doesn't mean that you have the best tune [just better or worse] than what you had before.

The HX40 out performs the ATT on every level [especially down low] but I will retract the POS statement only because that is my opinion and I'm entitled to that.

Others may/will disagree with that opinion until they find something they try other than stock or the ATT which might lead them to think the say way.

What I'm trying to say is the ATT is just to narrow in the range that it performs well for me and there are many other turbos out there that perform better,not just the one I'm running.
I seen the speedo start to move at 26 seconds, and paused it when it hit 60 on your speedo which was 36 seconds. I did notice it looked like you lifted after initial takeoff and then got back in it around 10 MPH. As to tuning for OBD2 and the ATT, TEEMU has been working on them last I heard on FB, and I believe has the tune that SLIM did using his emulator. So there are custom tailored tunes now for the ATT out there for all years. And your statement of the HX40 outperforming the ATT on every level has been dyno proven false. I will agree that the ATT isn't for everybody, but it is still a viable option for many. Just like some people are still served VERY well by the GMX series of turbos. And the ATT still is an easy bolt on kit the average DIYer can do themselves, see milage gains immediately, and an instant improvement in towing.

This was a non boosted launch before I added in my boost valve(was running 24 lbs of boost, but was still hazing, so I have it at 28 now), but not to shabby. Once I get into 2nd is when it really comes up on boost and starts pulling. I need to try out the 02 TCM operating system so I can enable lockup in 2nd instead of waiting until the 3-4 shift to finally get lockup.

Jesus Christ, that speedo just books. :eek: :cool:

Back