• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks sidewinder exhaust manifold group buy.

Lotsa progressa eh.

1.Shortened drive shaft, new U joints, carrier bearing. Got the Moog ujoints with the grease zerks in the caps. You need a needle adapter on the grease gun.
2.Got the US Gear completely installed. Running two VSSB's.
3. Got new a/c evap and heater cores installed (thats a lot of work!) Installed orifice tube in the evap.
4. Test fit turbo to see what parts I need still and find I still need a vband clamp just to mount the thing. After that I'll know where to start for the exhaust plumbing and intake.
I'll finally be ready to fire it up after all that done.
5. Got an adapter made to clock the turbo 90*.

Forgot pic's

Turbo adapter.
DSCF2116.JPG

This is after I brushed of the heavy stuff then remembered to get pics.
DSCF2117.JPG DSCF2118.JPG

This is after a good cleaning! JK its the new one
DSCF2119.JPG

We really need a cabin air filter for these old trucks. Maybe I'll have to do something about that? For now Im thinking of stuffing a piece of foam in the cowl. Do you think it would restrict the air to much? Guess it depends on the filter eh?
DSCF2120.JPG

Forgot pic's

Turbo adapter.
View attachment 45175

This is after I brushed of the heavy stuff then remembered to get pics.
View attachment 45176 View attachment 45177

This is after a good cleaning! JK its the new one
View attachment 45178

We really need a cabin air filter for these old trucks. Maybe I'll have to do something about that? For now Im thinking of stuffing a piece of foam in the cowl. Do you think it would restrict the air to much? Guess it depends on the filter eh?
View attachment 45179
Ewww. Makes me want to take mine apart to clean it. Then I think about hours taking it apart and I change my mind.

Got turbo mostly installed, just have to make a new oil drain hose tomorrow.

Almost looks like a belt drive blower? Here you can see the Vband clamp set up I used to space turbo away from Alt.
With this set up like it is I should be able to remove the turbo in 20 minutes.
DSCF2123.JPG

Starting DP mock up.
DSCF2125.JPG

DSCF2129.JPG

Painter high temp red to hopefully help resist rusting.
DSCF2130.JPG

Hooking into original DP.
DSCF2131.JPG

Look at all that room to service injectors, GPs & return hoses.
DSCF2132.JPG

Heat wrap installed and turbo blanket.
DSCF2133.JPG

Plumbing to intake just about done. I need a 3" coupling and 2 clamps to finish it off.
DSCF2134.JPG

Excellent indeed however if I may the GM CK GMT400 upfitter manuals 'cooling system' "heater hose must not be blocked off without redirecting the flow to the radiator."

I wonder why? Did the manual specify a year? On 92-95 with single I can understand because tstat bypass may be closed.

Cool!

For some reason I had a complete downpipe replacement with shallower bends in mind, but can see where this is easier as it works with existing parts :)

I wonder why? Did the manual specify a year? On 92-95 with single I can understand because tstat bypass may be closed.

No year specified the info further states if no heater is installed the line from the heater outlet at the thermostat housing must be connected to the radiator as it dumps warm coolant onto the transmission cooler during engine warmup.
REF: GM UPFITTER C/K GMT400 MANUAL page 9, section 13- cooling, lines 5 & 6 'C/K CURRENT REVISED 12/98.'

Got turbo mostly installed, just have to make a new oil drain hose tomorrow.

Almost looks like a belt drive blower? Here you can see the Vband clamp set up I used to space turbo away from Alt.
With this set up like it is I should be able to remove the turbo in 20 minutes.
View attachment 45237

Starting DP mock up.
View attachment 45238

View attachment 45239

Painter high temp red to hopefully help resist rusting.
View attachment 45240

Hooking into original DP.
View attachment 45241

Look at all that room to service injectors, GPs & return hoses.
View attachment 45242

Heat wrap installed and turbo blanket.
View attachment 45243

Plumbing to intake just about done. I need a 3" coupling and 2 clamps to finish it off.
View attachment 45244
I don't think I saw it by itself in earlier posts.....how's your front-side crossover pipe looking? (sorry if it was there and I missed it).

I'd like to hear more about the propane. I don't know but think I have read too much will nail. Its a nice boost but might not be any cheaper unless you have a cheap source for propane.

I can't remember but there use to be a guy on the older forums (the place and the page) that sold an adjustable system (which you could adjust/tune just right and keep it from nailing) and it seemed like a pretty good setup for the 6.5.

Seems his username was kinda sorta like Maccuda ?????

Last edited:
I see a DeLuca fuel products on the web he has kits for CNG it appears which I think is marcdeluca. I don't see the kit I remember and he appears to have moved on to the dmax. Back several years ago on the 6.5 it was a little crude no really more basic with a manual push pull cable to a lever that adjusted I think the regulator or a flow valve (under the hood)??? Now I am just showing my forum reading age.

No year specified the info further states if no heater is installed the line from the heater outlet at the thermostat housing must be connected to the radiator as it dumps warm coolant onto the transmission cooler during engine warmup.
REF: GM UPFITTER C/K GMT400 MANUAL page 9, section 13- cooling, lines 5 & 6 'C/K CURRENT REVISED 12/98.'
Im going to leave my valve closed in summer. I have a trans temp gauge, if it stays to cold I'll open it and see if it changes.

I don't think I saw it by itself in earlier posts.....how's your front-side crossover pipe looking? (sorry if it was there and I missed it).
I'll get some more pics tomorrow. I need to wrap it to help keep heat off HB and radiator hose.

I see a DeLuca fuel products on the web he has kits for CNG it appears which I think is marcdeluca. I don't see the kit I remember and he appears to have moved on to the dmax. Back several years ago on the 6.5 it was a little crude no really more basic with a manual push pull cable to a lever that adjusted I think the regulator or a flow valve (under the hood)??? Now I am just showing my forum reading age.
Thanks, I'll google the name and see what I can find. I did see a kit that used a flow meter and referenced it to boost that I thought looked good.

Do your charge air pipes pop off? Life just sucks because you have to pull over and reattach parts on the side of the road? Wife and kids laughing at you? Dropping a load in your pants when you hear that big POP! under the hood?
Well no more! For just $29.99 + S&H you can have the most advance beading tool known to man, but wait I'll throw in an extra pair of regular pliers for free (just pay extra S&H).

Or you can go to Harbor Freight and get some "Linesman pliers" for $7.00

DSCF2135.JPG DSCF2136.JPG

Do your charge air pipes pop off? Life just sucks because you have to pull over and reattach parts on the side of the road? Wife and kids laughing at you? Dropping a load in your pants when you hear that big POP! under the hood?
Well no more! For just $29.99 + S&H you can have the most advance beading tool known to man, but wait I'll throw in an extra pair of regular pliers for free (just pay extra S&H).

Or you can go to Harbor Freight and get some "Linesman pliers" for $7.00

View attachment 45246 View attachment 45247
But wait....do they slice and dice too??? :p

Back