• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks sidewinder exhaust manifold group buy.

That's a perdy piece Leroy. It would be a nice inclusion in an Evans coolant changeover.

Rather than drill a hole in the cap for ~0 psi, consider getting the cap with a relief valve and just leave it in the 'Up' position.

Working between thunderstorms is no fun.

Got the motor sitting in the truck today, but its not even on the motor mounts yet! I had to abandon it because of rain and getting to dark to see. I'll have to move the trans temporarily because the oil pan is going to be very tight to the cross member and I can't get the flex plate to squeeze down into place until I do.
It looks good sitting there anyway.

DSCF2052.JPG DSCF2051.JPG DSCF2050.JPG DSCF2049.JPG DSCF2048.JPG

Looking good Leroy, still nice and clean. My engine compartment is greasy so I have to keep wiping things down.

If the rain will stop I'll be able to make some good progress.
It is nice to work on clean engines/compartments. I paid attention to the things that would be harder to detail after the engine is in.
Things like core support, bat tray ect can all be wiped down on final.

Anyone notice the difference in these two pics?
DSCF2051.JPG

DSCF2055.JPG

P400 has found its new home!!
Finally got the engine bolted in place and trans all bolted up together.

DSCF2056.JPG

DSCF2054.JPG

Are the oil pans different? Or just a sticker added?

Congrats on the insertion Leroy.:D

Are the oil pans different? Or just a sticker added?

Congrats on the insertion Leroy.:D
Yep oil pan,
I can now confirm the stock P400 oil pan will not fit in a 1/2 3/4 or one ton 2wd (HD may be different?)
The 4x4 Moroso oil pan fit perfect though.
So now I/we can't call it a Moroso 4x4 pan its just the "truck pan" now. Good thing I had one in stock.

Yesterday I thought the engine was hitting the trans as it could not set down, then ran out of light for the day and rain.
This am I moved the trans back and still could not get engine to set down! It was hooking on the motor mounts then trying to rotate the back downwards, but it would hit the oil pan on the crossmember. New pan fixed it right up.

Now still working between rain I can get all the small jobs done to botton up the install.
The turbo system will be a challenge now that I can see how it sit in the frame rails. Also the driver side manifold is interfering with PS pump.
One small step at a time though.

Yep oil pan,
I can now confirm the stock P400 oil pan will not fit in a 1/2 3/4 or one ton 2wd (HD may be different?)
The 4x4 Moroso oil pan fit perfect though.
So now I/we can't call it a Moroso 4x4 pan its just the "truck pan" now. Good thing I had one in stock.

Yesterday I thought the engine was hitting the trans as it could not set down, then ran out of light for the day and rain.
This am I moved the trans back and still could not get engine to set down! It was hooking on the motor mounts then trying to rotate the back downwards, but it would hit the oil pan on the crossmember. New pan fixed it right up.

Now still working between rain I can get all the small jobs done to botton up the install.
The turbo system will be a challenge now that I can see how it sit in the frame rails. Also the driver side manifold is interfering with PS pump.
One small step at a time though.
Good news!

OK, so finally some small progress and it relates to the Banks manifold set up too!
I'm adapting from t3 to t4 flange and waiting on a couple t4 flanges still so I can make an adapter. The spool valve is on a t4 pattern also

Here is the t3 to a 3" Vband adapter, I found a really cool elbow that go's 3" Vband to t4 flange, but its clocked 90* out, so I have a couple t4 flanges coming and another Vband set up so I can clock it wherever I need it. Should be real nice when its done.
The injectors and GPs will be very easy to service to
DSCF2094.JPG

Thank you.
Well the parts did not come in Saturday :( all these small delays add up fast. I have to have this thing running by June!

Back