• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks sidewinder exhaust manifold group buy.

Some progress. If all go's to plan hope to set the engine in by next week.

Cleaned the engine bay today, still a little touch up to do. Going to remove Hydro Boost to make spraying the rubber easier.

What kind of rubber you going to put on Leroy?

Another question, would the turbo oil return handle both return oil from the turbo and a centrifuge?

In my past I ownend a spray in liner/industrial coating biz. My partner was the expert and worked with a chemist to formulate our own coating. It has many uses and was one of the first spray/roll/brush on products. I'd like to sell it mail order, but shipping is the killer UPS charges $20 just for the "special" box they require.

As far as turbo and centrifuge oil drain go's yes you can combine them, that how Ive been running the one on my 96 for last few years. Its just way easier to put it in the valve cover though. I'd sell the system I just took off my 96 if interested, it has all the brackets, hoses, block drain plate....ect

Thanks Leroy, I'll likely build something along the way. I've only had the fuge for 4-5 years.

Got some more cleaning on the firewall and pulled driver side inner fender. That thing is filthy (just like my girl friend).

Comparing the cleaned inner to the non clean one.
DSCF2036.JPG
DSCF2035.JPG DSCF2037.JPG

Hard to really tell much here, but it was a landmark in this project. That being I got the wire harness unbolted from the firewall and pulled away. Will make coating the firewall much easier and can do a better job.
DSCF2038.JPG

Got a new torque converter today also. Its a 7#s lighter TC than stock so Im hoping MPGs go up too.

DSCF2032.JPG

Hard to really tell much here, but it was a landmark in this project. That being I got the wire harness unbolted from the firewall and pulled away. Will make coating the firewall much easier and can do a better job.
View attachment 44851

I really wanted that harness out of the way when I did the insulation on my firewall, but it looked like more trouble than it was worth. How much did you have to do to get it to come off the passenger side of the firewall?

Is the white deal that has wires coming out for turn signals and break lights a plug or some sort of bushing, iv got some sort of a short in that area causeing me to loose right rear turn and break lights, I fiddled with it for an hr and was afraid to break it

I really wanted that harness out of the way when I did the insulation on my firewall, but it looked like more trouble than it was worth. How much did you have to do to get it to come off the passenger side of the firewall?
It wasn't to bad a job really. I have everything off passenger side except where the wire harness passes through. Its unusual the way GM did that. The harness does not have a bulkhead, instead the wire pass through all the way into the dashboard. Im not willing to remove all that, I 'll just tape around the pass through. I did want to get at least one side disconnected though so I could swing the whole harness to one side instead of it hanging right in the way.

Is the white deal that has wires coming out for turn signals and break lights a plug or some sort of bushing, iv got some sort of a short in that area causeing me to loose right rear turn and break lights, I fiddled with it for an hr and was afraid to break it
White connector is the front lights...ect I believe it go's to the rear also. I did not remover because I did not want to break mine either :) Anyone know how they come off or is it another pass through? Its really not in the way so I'll tape around it also.

It seems to go right into the back of the block where the flasher and that stuff plug into sort of seams like a plug but I can't figure it out

It did come out really nice. I got the engine harness all reloomed today to. Should be ready to stab engine in now. Just some minor thing to take care of.

Man! the little details never stop needing to be done!

Got a couple battery cables made today.

Got hooked up with Mitsubishi last week so will be carrying there radiators now too!
I got mine in yesterday. I'll open it tomorrow in the light and get some video of it also.

Is this thing on!

Well look what the brown man brought me today.
They will be going on the web site this week, so if interested now shoot me an email or call me.

Enjoy the show.

Back