• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

‘94 Transfer Case

Hey since the landscaping is pushing that install time foreword, does that mean any parts or materials use installing it gets charged to her budget? Haha
No, but I will have a Doctor’s assesment on foot and the medical need for a pool, so that the replacement pool/spa/patio qualifies as a medical deduction for taxes.

The transmission adapter I ordered does not fit my floor jack as the plate is not easily removable and the pin is much larger. It will probably fit my son’s floor jack.

Transfer case is not as heavy as the one guy in the video whined about. It came out fairly easily, after getting the 6 bolts undone. I can easily press it back up in there. Those bolts were a slow removal as I could only get a box wrench on them.

The ‘94 uses a different front drive shaft and yoke to the case. It allows the driveshaft to be removed without needing to pull the crossover pipe. I’ll transfer that over to rebuilt transfer case.

The transmission adapter I ordered does not fit my floor jack as the plate is not easily removable and the pin is much larger. It will probably fit my son’s floor jack.

Transfer case is not as heavy as the one guy in the video whined about. It came out fairly easily, after getting the 6 bolts undone. I can easily press it back up in there. Those bolts were a slow removal as I could only get a box wrench on them.

The ‘94 uses a different front drive shaft and yoke to the case. It allows the driveshaft to be removed without needing to pull the crossover pipe. I’ll transfer that over to rebuilt transfer case.
I had the same issue with the trans cradle I bought.
Just saw it yesterday and noticed I had made an adapter plate.

OK, found where the snap ring went. It's #5 in the diagram and goes on top of the output bearing:
1683483968896.png

Bad news, the oil pump strainer broke when disassembling the case halves. It's a $10 part and I will order another, but it delays the reassembly and installation by another week.

Last edited:
I was going to guess it was on the output shaft. I mentioned it in another thread but there's an upgrade from that c-clip/ snap ring that I elected to install when I did my case. It replaces that clip with a heavier duty snap ring. Probably not necessary for your use, but seems like a good piece of insurance for anyone heavy hauling or off roading

You can find it for a few bucks cheaper through ebay or Jegs as well

My memory is fuzzy, but were you not able to just pull the rear bearing retainer housing, part #8 in the picture to get to the snap ring? Sucks to have a small part set you back like that.

I was going to guess it was on the output shaft. I mentioned it in another thread but there's an upgrade from that c-clip/ snap ring that I elected to install when I did my case. It replaces that clip with a heavier duty snap ring. Probably not necessary for your use, but seems like a good piece of insurance for anyone heavy hauling or off roading

You can find it for a few bucks cheaper through ebay or Jegs as well

My memory is fuzzy, but were you not able to just pull the rear bearing retainer housing, part #8 in the picture to get to the snap ring? Sucks to have a small part set you back like that.
Hindsight says I could have just pulled the rear housing, but I thought it was on the other front output shaft inside the case. I had to go through the whole assembly and go back and forth to the parts diagram to figure it out. Just learning the order and direction from that diagram is a chore.

Back