• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

She's has a hard life lol. Kinda looks like shes sunk in the ground too. Looks good though. I would like to find a roof rack that would span over my crew cab similar to that. I like your neighbors cactus garden!
I got it stuck trying to winch out a giant eucalyptus stump from a tree that fell into my neighbor’s yard. Should have waited for the ground to dry out. This was back in February of this year.

Mighty fine lookin if I might say! Ya can't beat that price until the day son calls and says "Dad, I'm pullin in the drive way here to pickup the burb" while dropping off his other vehicle for you to work on LOL.

A lot of paints and related materials are banned or more expensive in ca than Nv or Ut.
Worth the homework before buying. Often best price is at the major suppliers in city to the auto body shops. In Vegas that’s a place called D’Angelos.
Good info. We’re always passing through Utah and Nevada. I’m just starting my research now.

Mighty fine lookin if I might say! Ya can't beat that price until the day son calls and says "Dad, I'm pullin in the drive way here to pickup the burb" while dropping off his other vehicle for you to work on LOL.
Reminds me of that 59 Dodge Power Wagon, son bought it back, loaded it up, He tells Me Happy Birthday dad. I do an entire mechanical rebuild and fluid changes. Time for the test drive, need it registered and license plates. He wanted me to go to the courthouse to get it taken care of. I did not want to spend any more money on this. I told Him He best go and handle it, put the title in Your name, seeing as how his birthday is one month after Mine. 😹😹😹

Reminds me of that 59 Dodge Power Wagon, son bought it back, loaded it up, He tells Me Happy Birthday dad. I do an entire mechanical rebuild and fluid changes. Time for the test drive, need it registered and license plates. He wanted me to go to the courthouse to get it taken care of. I did not want to spend any more money on this. I told Him He best go and handle it, put the title in Your name, seeing as how his birthday is one month after Mine. 😹😹😹
The full background on this ‘94 K2500 is that it started out as my ‘95 K2500, which I gave to my son when I bought the ‘99. He drove the ‘95 a couple years before flipping it on black ice on a trip to southern Utah. He settled with insurance for more that it was worth and used the proceeds to buy this ‘94. He also bought back the ‘95 from the insurance company and we stripped it of most everything and sold the hull to a pick a part boneyard who immediately scrapped it. So while my son gave me the ‘94, it was really from my ‘95. He’s just at that phase with young kids and work that chews up his time, so he needs and has a reliable 2017 F250 diesel.

The transmission from the ‘95 had 12K miles on it and is now in my ‘99. The transfer case from the ‘95 I rebuilt this year and is now in the ‘94. I have the engine from the ‘95 stored in a military crate. It has 185K miles on it and will go in the first Suburban that needs it. Have the front differential from the ‘95 and it’s from a 4:10 ratio vehicle. My ‘99 is 3.73. If I do the GMT 800 rear axle swap, it will be a 4:10 because that is all I can find in the 14 bolt full floaters. So that front differential would be used in the ‘99. I sorta feel like a Chinese prison harvesting transplant organs from prisoners.

The full background on this ‘94 K2500 is that it started out as my ‘95 K2500, which I gave to my son when I bought the ‘99. He drove the ‘95 a couple years before flipping it on black ice on a trip to southern Utah. He settled with insurance for more that it was worth and used the proceeds to buy this ‘94. He also bought back the ‘95 from the insurance company and we stripped it of most everything and sold the hull to a pick a part boneyard who immediately scrapped it. So while my son gave me the ‘94, it was really from my ‘95. He’s just at that phase with young kids and work that chews up his time, so he needs and has a reliable 2017 F250 diesel.

The transmission from the ‘95 had 12K miles on it and is now in my ‘99. The transfer case from the ‘95 I rebuilt this year and is now in the ‘94. I have the engine from the ‘95 stored in a military crate. It has 185K miles on it and will go in the first Suburban that needs it. Have the front differential from the ‘95 and it’s from a 4:10 ratio vehicle. My ‘99 is 3.73. If I do the GMT 800 rear axle swap, it will be a 4:10 because that is all I can find in the 14 bolt full floaters. So that front differential would be used in the ‘99. I sorta feel like a Chinese prison harvesting transplant organs from prisoners.
Good that Your son did not get hurt in the rollover/flip.
I see this 93 K3500 single RW near my house at a repair shop. I stopped and asked about it, been setting there for a year or more, shop owner said the owner would sell it all rigjt. I didnt ask what was its problems after He told me it has a 454 in it. Body is good, CC LB SRW and cloth interior. I was thinking interior for mine but the seats are clean but not as nice as the ones in My 2000.
I’m not happy with the carpets in mine truck but I have not looked these over. Same color, grey.

Also checked around for automotive paint supply shops near me in SoCal and there are plenty. Not sure if the paint I would need is banned in CA. It does sound like I will need a couple gallons of paint and clear coat to do a Suburban. My intention is to do the hoods and the roofs first, because they are in the worst condition.
Sherwin-Williams Automotive paint shop in Orem right off the freeway has done me well. Not sure on cost comparisons with where you’re shopping but price points may offset shipping costs…

Sorry about April’s need for knee surgery but, the good news is it can be repaired.

Hope to link up on your way through.

Got the transmission pulled on the 2005 Honda Accord. I now have access to replace the cluth, flywheel, throw out bearing, pilot bushing and rear main engine seal, but that will happen next weekend. It’s Miller time.
View attachment 83629View attachment 83630View attachment 83631
I’m sure You are well versed on how to remove the old pilot bushing/bearing if You dont have a puller system.
Pack it with grease. A shaft/bolt/etc that just fits the bore and drive it onwards with a hammer, pack in more grease as needed until the bushing pops out and hangs on the shaft.

Back