• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Replacement turbo

So you guys got any tips on how to convince my wife that my GM-4 is toast? I really would love to get in line for a shiny new turbo, but when she asks what is wrong with the one I have all I can say is "It's stock."

say "the turbo is consistently letting heat energy escape unused, it just leaks energy, and this new turbo doesn't have any leaks." :D

I'll start working on her now, maybe by the time they are ready for release to the public I will have her convinced.:thumbsup:

So you guys got any tips on how to convince my wife that my GM-4 is toast? I really would love to get in line for a shiny new turbo, but when she asks what is wrong with the one I have all I can say is "It's stock."

It'll add to the life of your engine, get better mileage, renews the truck, all for less than 2 dmax payments ;)

Well I finally have all of the pieces. I just need to get a few minor shipping and payment items taken care of and the first couple Turbos will go out. Hopefully by next weekend at the latest.

The machinist we used did a great job on the pieces he made. TIG welded down pipe and mating piece. Intermediate pipes are in for the non intercooled intakes. I have been running without my intercooler for about 2 weeks now and doubt I will go back to it. The truck runs better without, at least it seems to be more responsive at lower end. Guess three inch pipe at eight feet long with an intercooler in the middle does make a slight difference.

Guys be patient, these are hand made at this point and hand assembled with a full inspection so that there are no problems. I also have yet to print up a set of installation instructions so there is one more item that needs to be addressed. I don't want to leave anything to chance. There is no fancy manufacturing facility just two guys and their handy work, plus I have a day job and second part time night job. I won't promise anything we can't honestly deliver.

keep up the good work. Also that turbo looks like it is the ticket for now. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. :D

Wow it just took me like 2 hours but i read through this whole thread alot of good info. I think my GM-3 is on its way out so I will be looking into this as a option. Glad the DP has gone to crap so i looked around and found this site.

Wow it just took me like 2 hours but i read through this whole thread alot of good info. I think my GM-3 is on its way out so I will be looking into this as a option. Glad the DP has gone to crap so i looked around and found this site.

Welcome to THE site. :thumbsup:

Glad you made the switch! Welcome to DTR!

oops, can't say christmas, it might offend somebody, hell i'll don't care... oops i mean "h" "e" double toothpicks..... what the heck....

oops, can't say christmas, it might offend somebody, hell i'll don't care... oops i mean "h" "e" double toothpicks..... what the heck....

Thats ok sometimes I offend people just for fun. Some people find that offensive.

It is definitely on my Christmas list. I'll probably get the la la la not listening response.:D

Anybody want to adopt a middle-aged college student?

2 more semesters to go then maybe I can treat myself to some goodies.

Back