• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rebuilding of a Truck Camper

Looks like water damage to me. I'm just really surprised at how much damage there is on this new of a camper. I do realize, that by today's standards, it's not really "new" but I still consider it new-ish, since it's built in the 90s.

Looks like water damage to me. I'm just really surprised at how much damage there is on this new of a camper. I do realize, that by today's standards, it's not really "new" but I still consider it new-ish, since it's built in the 90s.

I agree, too new for this much rot. :thumbsup:

WOW, today on I95, I pulled along side a f350 with a slide in camper and got him to pull over because... Metal step bumper falling off and was dragging on the road! When we went up to it he grabbed it with one hand and pulled it the rest of the way off. Dude was about 65-70 years old. I put it in the back of his camper for him and on his way he went. Could have been a bad thing, enjoy the fact that you caught yours before it got too late.

WOW, today on I95, I pulled along side a f350 with a slide in camper and got him to pull over because... Metal step bumper falling off and was dragging on the road! When we went up to it he grabbed it with one hand and pulled it the rest of the way off. Dude was about 65-70 years old. I put it in the back of his camper for him and on his way he went. Could have been a bad thing, enjoy the fact that you caught yours before it got too late.

Does not surprise me, they are only held on with lag bolts. If the wood rots around it there is nothing.

I contacted lance, I am not liking how the holding tanks are held up to the bottom of the camper.

They emailed me back in less than 24 hours. :thumbsup:

They stated that they do not keep much stuff laying around for the older campers. :skep:

They did share with me in PDF format, the plans to my camper and others. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I now need help from anybody on here that reads this that has a 1995 Lance 990 extended cab.
Personally our near them.

How are your holding tanks held up to the bottom of your camper?
Do you have one near your house that you could get pictures from?

I will post pictures soon of how mine are and were held up. soon! :eek:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Our waste tank is at the very back and is attached to the bottom, somehow. It's not a Lance, but I'll look to see what I can see and will try to post up a photo for you.

Here is how the tank is mounted.
IMG_1116.jpg
IMG_1117.jpg
IMG_1118.jpg

Just does not look right to me. Something else I am surprised did not fail while driving down the road. :WTF:

I contacted a man on craigslist with a similar camper. He is going to send me pictures of how his tanks are held up.

Got to love the kindness of some people. :thumbsup:

He did state that his camper, he thinks, has the same set up as mine.

I will share what he gives me when I get it.

Got the grey water tank off. Here it is sitting in my yard waiting to be washed and cleaned out.
IMG_1119.jpg
Here is the board(our what ever it is) removed to see all the mess under neath.
IMG_1120.jpg
Here is what I will need to fix. It is not as bad as I thought it was going to be.
IMG_1121.jpg
IMG_1122.jpg
IMG_1123.jpg
IMG_1124.jpg
IMG_1125.jpg
I might take a video of what I am dealing with, we will see.

Time to start pulling out some rot. :thumbsup:

Back