• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Performance Tuning for the Tahoe

Nmb2, according to buddies math, cumminsfevers pump far surpasses yours in cc's.

So which one does he have... 1000cc's or 270cc's?

I gotta see this LOL You guys are a bunch of mouth breathers.

I'm way too intelligent to buy into your pipe dreams and bench racing.

So which one does he have... 1000cc's or 270cc's?

I gotta see this LOL You guys are a bunch of mouth breathers.

I'm way too intelligent to buy into your pipe dreams and bench racing.
Lol! Say what you want. It will get dynoed an there is a better pump comin for our next engine. You an your flapping keyboard an backwoods pump don't worry me. I didn't know this was a competition, i thought this was too be friendly chatter an fun building stuff .....

Lol! Say what you want. It will get dynoed an there is a better pump comin for our next engine. You an your flapping keyboard an backwoods pump don't worry me. I didn't know this was a competition, i thought this was too be friendly chatter an fun building stuff .....

LOL backwoods pump.

That's why your crew has seized pumps up, and have floating metering blocks, among many other undesirable attributes. I've seen the videos and posts.

I've never locked a pump up, and I use the best machining techniques. I'm sure you will take note to my pictures and apply them to your "better pump"

This could be friendly chatter about building stuff, but when I called you guys out, instead of saying "look man, this is how and what we did" and post some info, and some pictures.... you get butthurt.

I then offer up my pictures and info as a token, to show you my desire to compare notes, and you guys still are blowing smoke out.

The fact of the matter is, is that you guys have no gosh dang clue how much fuel you're producing, you don't know what the specs are supposed to be, or even how to theorize about them... you needed buddy to tell you. That's why you are so defensive, its a common technique when backed into a corner.

You don't need to lie to kick it.

LOL backwoods pump.

That's why your crew has seized pumps up, and have floating metering blocks, among many other undesirable attributes. I've seen the videos and posts.

I've never locked a pump up, and I use the best machining techniques. I'm sure you will take note to my pictures and apply them to your "better pump"

This could be friendly chatter about building stuff, but when I called you guys out, instead of saying "look man, this is how and what we did" and post some info, and some pictures.... you get butthurt.

I then offer up my pictures and info as a token, to show you my desire to compare notes, and you guys still are blowing smoke out.

The fact of the matter is, is that you guys have no gosh dang clue how much fuel you're producing, you don't know what the specs are supposed to be, or even how to theorize about them... you needed buddy to tell you. That's why you are so defensive, its a common technique when backed into a corner.

You don't need to lie to kick it.

Buddy's math verified what I already knew... my 2 plunger pump is rite there with your 4 plunger. No. I won't copy your "mods". They don't do enough for me. I won't bench my pump because it is running on my truck. It works.

I won't talk about what I do because according to you, there ain't alot I can do. According to you, it is IMPOSSIBLE to do what I'm doing.
so... as you continue to convince yourself that you are the wisest a$$ here, I will continue to drive my truck, and laugh at your attempts to convince us that you are king tut :)
Enjoy lil buddy, I'm out!

Please, I would love for you to enlighten me. Clearly I have overlooked something, or am not smart enough to figure it out. Help me.

In your drunken ranting last night you must have missed the last two words of cumminsfevers post. "I'm out"

Drunken rant? I was sober the whole time.

What has happened here, is that we have some mouth breathers saying "my stuff is better than yours, but how dare you question me, you must think you're better than me. I'm going to keep it to myself now"

What that translates to is "I have no friggen clue what I'm doing, and I can't defend myself against you NMB2, because I have come to a battle of knowledge and experience unarmed"

Anytime I have EVER been called out, or questioned, I provide proof, or a basis for my decisions/ideas. This forum is painful to read because you have a bunch of guys claiming they have duramax slaying 6.2/6.5's, and when questioned by me.... get their panties all up in a twist and refuse to explain themselves. Instead they get defensive, act like I'm bullying them, and take their ball, and go home.

I am as legitimate as it gets. I'm not some joe-blow backwoods putting crap together in my woodshed. I built quality, reliable parts. It is clear that my skills and resources intimidate you, but here it is from my standpoint.

If myself and Justin Anderson can't figure it out, along with our two injection shops we work with. It can't be done. PERIOD.

If we are wrong, please.... prove it to me... that's all you have to do. You can probably make a boat load of money on your discoveries.

Earlier in this post we read a mildly built db2 did 160cc. Yet, you still ask for "proof".
You see, this is why I won't even think of taking my pump of and benching it... because even then, in the face of proof, you call BS and say "it can't be done".

That is why I say "I am out". I refuse to talk about what I do because guys like you call BS on ANYTHING that they think can't be done.

I urge you to fire all your injection pump shops, fire the justin guy, and then attack a pump with an OPEN MIND.

There isn't a boatload of money to be made on modding these pumps. The IDI crowd is too cheap to pay the cost.
Yes, a few parts must be bought...

Earlier in this post we read a mildly built db2 did 160cc. Yet, you still ask for "proof".
You see, this is why I won't even think of taking my pump of and benching it... because even then, in the face of proof, you call BS and say "it can't be done".

That is why I say "I am out". I refuse to talk about what I do because guys like you call BS on ANYTHING that they think can't be done.

I urge you to fire all your injection pump shops, fire the justin guy, and then attack a pump with an OPEN MIND.

There isn't a boatload of money to be made on modding these pumps. The IDI crowd is too cheap to pay the cost.
Yes, a few parts must be bought...

Earlier in this post we read a CLAIM. Do you know the difference between a claim, and indisputable proof? In order for a claim to become proof, it has to be backed up with sufficient evidence to establish it as being truth. Simply saying "I had a DB2 benched @ 160cc's" is not any type of proof.

There is way too many people in the automotive industry that THINK they have something they do not. Do you know how many times we hear 7.3 guys saying "I've got 700hp". Then you ask what they have done, "I've got an edge, bhaf, 4" straight pipe". Clearly this does not make 700hp. The pump situation is the exact same thing to me.... there is no "attacking the pump with an open mind". It is a mechanical hydraulic mechanism.... it is black and white.

Now, I clearly stated earlier that getting the head/rotor to push fuel isn't that difficult, because its not. Feeding the plungers, and making the pump last is difficult. 160cc's @ 1400rpm is possible. 160cc's @ 3,000rpm is not possible without a fully EDM'd head/rotor set... we have tried.

We have built 5 DB4 pumps before coming to this final one. We even have a 144cc DB2. These are not claims, I have pictures, and flow bench specs that I can post to back it up. I ask for the same from you guys, but you simply refuse. Therefore none of your information can be taken as proof, or factual... it is purely a claim with no bottom to support it, and you leave it open for speculation.

Some of the other reasons I think you guys are lying is because I have put a lot of miles on these hopped up pumps. Probably more than both of you combined. My truck isn't a play toy... its a dedicated daily driver and tow rig. It drives every single day, about 500 miles a week on average.

The DB2 cam pins simply can NOT handle the increased loads. I personally have broken 2. Yet, I didn't see that mentioned in your pumps. Also, the input shafts are a weak point, but we haven't figured out a "general rule" as to how much fuel they can push through a DB4 and a DB2.

I asked simple questions to try and bring validity to your claims myself, such as:

Whats your roller to roller? Whats your run out? These should be simple to answer, yet I get a barrage of excuses and temper tantrums.

Furthermore, stop making this about my 6.9 IDI vs the GM IDI's. I could give 10,000 sh*t's about the 6.2 and 6.5 diesels. I have no interest in them, in any way. I'm not trying to compare my IDI to yours... anytime that debate has come up, it is because I was baited into it... not starting it.

I have an interest in the stanadyne rotary pumps, which our platforms share, and our engines are similar, so they are similar. That's it.

Most of us here are honest. I know 6.2turbo, and I also know where he took the pump to get benched. There is no printout, no pics, no video. So you have no choice but to take his word. If you can't take that, then you have no point in continuing posting.

I know alot of people "claim" a certain HP number. And I always claim low numbers. For example: I have a 4bt in a 1500 chevy. I went to my first dyno event, and was asked what I "thought" it had. I said 275hp. And I woulda been happy with 250. I almost croaked when the smoke cleared from the first run, and they told me it made 496hp.
So, at this point, I say I probly have 250 - 300hp with my 6.2. I ain't in no horsepower war with this rag. It is my alternative fuel burner, and it happens to run good.

You say not much can be done to these pumps. I looked into them, and didn't know where to stop. What I have now is about half of what it can actually do. I was in a hurry, and did basic modding.
I like when people say "it can't be done"... cuz then it usually happens in our shop :)

Most of us here are honest. I know 6.2turbo, and I also know where he took the pump to get benched. There is no printout, no pics, no video. So you have no choice but to take his word. If you can't take that, then you have no point in continuing posting.

I know alot of people "claim" a certain HP number. And I always claim low numbers. For example: I have a 4bt in a 1500 chevy. I went to my first dyno event, and was asked what I "thought" it had. I said 275hp. And I woulda been happy with 250. I almost croaked when the smoke cleared from the first run, and they told me it made 496hp.
So, at this point, I say I probly have 250 - 300hp with my 6.2. I ain't in no horsepower war with this rag. It is my alternative fuel burner, and it happens to run good.

You say not much can be done to these pumps. I looked into them, and didn't know where to stop. What I have now is about half of what it can actually do. I was in a hurry, and did basic modding.
I like when people say "it can't be done"... cuz then it usually happens in our shop :)

How many miles have you put onto the pump since you modded it?

So please teach me. What am I doing wrong? What basic mods did you do, that I missed? Because as you seen, I went WELL beyond basic. I have a fully built pump. The only thing in my pump that could be done to get more fuel out would be grinding a new cam ring (which I wont do, because added stroke = less reliability) or doing bigger plungers, which I wont do, because I'd like to see what a pump that can full fuel 140cc's from 1400-3000 can do first.

We have a DB2, with fully EDM'd internals, and .400 plungers. 144cc's is max fuel. Remember though, a DB4 putting out the same fuel as a DB2, will have 70% higher injection pressure, and allow you to run more precise timing.

Btw- approx 1200 miles on the pump, and I put around 100miles a day on, sometimes more, sometimes less. No problems yet.

you have a lot to learn. I have put 10 times the amount on my pump than you have. I'll be watching and waiting to see the carnage ;)

Back