• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX40II Turbo Install

I just asked this over at the 'place too, but I am installing the turbo and everything is fine except the turbo oil drain. How are you modifying it to fit the existing drain pipe? It is close to bolting on but is about an inch off. I have the turbo "clocked" to make the drain face down which also lines up the compressor outlet with my newly cut down intake, but the drain is giving me issues. Thanks.

Cut the drain pipe and then "lengthen" the tube about 1/2" with a 3/4 hose and clamps.

And you will need to clock the turbo body to the correct angle.

If you cut the drain pipe, would the metal shaving go down to the oil? How to avoid getting metal shaving down to the oil pan or trap inside the pipe?

If you cut the drain pipe, would the metal shaving go down to the oil? How to avoid getting metal shaving down to the oil pan or trap inside the pipe?
Use a tube cutter. There will not be any shavings that way.

i was just curious if it was still the crushed OEM downpipe... it is a piece of restrictive crap.... do you agree? some places it is crushed down to 2.5"....

I think it had a stock downpipe. That was a few month ago, and I have short memory. And, yes, they are somewhat restrictive!

I took the oil drain tube off to cut it with a metal chop saw.

Turbonator, I like that idea for the TM!

I just installed a 0-30 PSI boost gauge (up from 0-15) last night... Lets see what this HX40 is really putting down!

I believe Bruce was working on a TM for this turbo too. Any progress with that?

BTW, I got the turbo installed and things are looking good so far.

Back