• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help a Brother Out #2

Yes I use the regular one with the black plastic top on it... Eventually I'd like to upgrade to a different filter system that's in a different location..but that's down the road

The PO box still good? Shipping place wanted to know PO or street address as the PM had both in it.

They are on their way to the PO box, but, let me know if I have to change it.

Recount on the glow plugs (3) as I tossed the two that were not self limiting. Flat rate box so if you need em to get by put them on the driver side. The tubes should be painted with header paint before install. I can't imagine yours are in good shape.

IMG_6402.JPG

@WarWagon I really appreciate it.. either address will get to us.. this town is so small that the lady at the post office knows which PO box belongs to which house.. so even if somebody puts the street address she knows where it goes...
I'm not sure what you mean by self-limiting glow plugs..? Are there two different kinds?? As far as I know mine are probably original from the factory.. I was hoping to buy new injectors and new glow plugs at tax time if there's enough

Like I said the ones that are in it are probably the ones they put in it when they built the truck... I plan on getting the 60 g ones from Leroy and getting the injectors from Leroy when taxes come in this year.. and probably a new glow plug harness. ...

Swear to God this whole truck needs to be rewired... Now for some dumb reason ( and it's ironic that war wagon put those float plugs in there) when I turn the key on to warm the plugs the wait to start light only comes on once and I only hear the click sound one time and it goes right back off and stays off doesn't matter how long the truck has been shut down for...

Swear to God this whole truck needs to be rewired... Now for some dumb reason ( and it's ironic that war wagon put those float plugs in there) when I turn the key on to warm the plugs the wait to start light only comes on once and I only hear the click sound one time and it goes right back off and stays off doesn't matter how long the truck has been shut down for...
I assume you meant glow plugs? This sounds like you have lost ground to battery, the first restart will not give you full glow cycle.

That's possible... All the battery cables are fairly new and I have the gold post cable ends... I've been kind of wondering something since that ground on the back of the manifold passenger side is so important why isn't there a ground wire from the battery straight to it

if grounds are all good, you can try disconnecting the CTS on the t-stat crossover and the IAT on the upper intake then cycle the key. that will tell the PCM that the truck is -40. on mine I could never figure out why only unplugging the CTS only gave me a max of 5 seconds until I studied the PCM tuning. the PCM reads both IAT and CTS. if one reads higher temp that the other, the PCM uses the temp from the warmer sensor and bases the GP on time off that temp. with both disconnected you should see around 15 seconds.

But it will set your SES light on and you'll need to use a scanner to clear the light.

If there is a short or a bad GP the time on will be shorter, the PCM takes into account the battery voltage and feedback voltage from the controller and adjusts the on time . so if the PCM sees the same voltage on the battery and the feedback they won't stay on long. same thing if there is a huge difference like battery at 12 and feedback dropps to 8volts. normally battery will drop to around 11 or so and feedback should be 10 or so volts and they will cycle the full length.

Back