• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GMTD scan tech

You are already hitting all the suggestions I would have here. I am sick right now so deep thought on stuff isn’t gonna work good. I will be coming up with round pegs for square holes right now. Video on that clear ip return line is about the only thing I didn’t see you suggest.
Thanks Will I’ll post a video.

You are already hitting all the suggestions I would have here. I am sick right now so deep thought on stuff isn’t gonna work good. I will be coming up with round pegs for square holes right now. Video on that clear ip return line is about the only thing I didn’t see you suggest.
Hope you get to feeling better soon Will. have the misses make some chicken in the crock pot. the broth from that is some good feel good medicine! that and those liquid IV pouches you add to water bottles will give energy, though they have a good amount of salt and sugar in them.

disconnect the batteries and leave for about 5 or so minutes. then crank up and recheck for codes. see if the balance codes are gone and not coming back up. those might indicate injectors. My 95 was funny about clearing codes with the scanner. disconnecting power did the trick for me.

It's also good insurance to have the injectors tested and balanced. ask the shop if they can balance them all within 25psi of each other. spec should be 1950 psi iirc. An injector that pisses a stream can kill you new engine in a hurry! Marty had bought a set of new injectors a while back and found almost all of his were out of spec and leaked. Nothing bad towards Leroy or any other vendor selling them, it's all the manufacturing now in china. @MrMarty51 can give you info on who he used to have his done. there's also a member here who can do them as well.

It's also good insurance to have the injectors tested and balanced. ask the shop if they can balance them all within 25psi of each other. spec should be 1950 psi iirc. An injector that pisses a stream can kill you new engine in a hurry! Marty had bought a set of new injectors a while back and found almost all of his were out of spec and leaked. Nothing bad towards Leroy or any other vendor selling them, it's all the manufacturing now in china. @MrMarty51 can give you info on who he used to have his done. there's also a member here who can do them as well.
I used a shop out of Glendive Montana. He used to do the 6.5 pump and injector work for the DOT over here in Miles City. We would pull and pack them and send them over to the Valley Motor Supply store over there, was then where his shop was setup.
He now is an INDY and still does mighty fine work.
IDK if he would test the electronical IP units, or maybe not even the mechanical ones.
I will know more tomorrow.
I put my injectors into a USPS flat rate box, send them to him in that. I think it was about $12.50 postage. That would be good from any location in the USA.

I'd suspect injectors. Leaking down before start up and generally not working right
Just pissing a solid stream with no atomization of the fuel.
Thats what six of the new injectors that I bought was doing.
They now have about 10,000 miles on them. Checked them all last night.
Two of the eight was almost to that degree. They all will go back to that shop and have him test and balance them once again. I do not want to take chances with this new engine.

I got the rebuilt IP from Quadstar couldn’t get a new one. You think it could be a bad IP? I did not get any IP related codes. Had no trouble doing the Time Set and TDC Offset Learn. The only codes were in the history, cylinder balance codes and looks to be the same 4 Or 5 cylinder codes. I’m going to post some start up and run
Videos. Thanks for the input.
I trust Quadstar, but you never know.

If it was built their previous rebuilder, I would trust it 100%.

He quit fuel injection a while back and I believe he might bean emt now

I used a shop out of Glendive Montana. He used to do the 6.5 pump and injector work for the DOT over here in Miles City. We would pull and pack them and send them over to the Valley Motor Supply store over there, was then where his shop was setup.
He now is an INDY and still does mighty fine work.
IDK if he would test the electronical IP units, or maybe not even the mechanical ones.
I will know more tomorrow.
I put my injectors into a USPS flat rate box, send them to him in that. I think it was about $12.50 postage. That would be good from any location in the USA.
Could you share the details on your rebuilder?

I haven't dealt with the guy in Michigan in so long. I'm not even sure they're still there

Last edited:
Just pissing a solid stream with no atomization of the fuel.
Thats what six of the new injectors that I bought was doing.
They now have about 10,000 miles on them. Checked them all last night.
Two of the eight was almost to that degree. They all will go back to that shop and have him test and balance them once again. I do not want to take chances with this new engine.
The injectors were bad after only 10,000 miles?

Back