• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

'95 Engine build

Relocating the battery under the hood isn't going to happen with the big fat fiberglass hood so I am considering top post battery.

Worst part is that the side post batteries in it now are under 3 years old

Anyone use a drop out battery tray under the bed?
Mine doesn’t drop out because the dually fender allows me to slide my batteries out…..and this isn’t really a “how-to”, but this will show you it’s possible to relocate the batteries next to the frame rail. I didn’t put mine under the bed because I wanted to use that space for my intercooler tank.

Post in thread '1994 K3500 extended cab dually'
https://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/threads/1994-k3500-extended-cab-dually.48444/post-604877

A cardboard box the cut and tapped to the battery size is the easy way to do test fitting under the bed.

Have you looked at the newer truck filters? Like one for an L5P - filters will be available long after these aren’t and flow tremendously better. It is something I am planning on chasing for my hummer but first I need an assembled engine 😔

I can assure you the flat filter doesn't have enough flow for the turbo you are using, you will starve the motor of air at prolonged full boost.
After seeing the flow rate stated by Wix, I understood better.

I'm going to borrow a dual post battery from a guy with a Duramax I know to see if I can get that to work and then see if I can adapt in the K47 filter housing I have. I have a 46440 and a 46441 filter as well.
A cardboard box the cut and tapped to the battery size is the easy way to do test fitting under the bed.

Have you looked at the newer truck filters? Like one for an L5P - filters will be available long after these aren’t and flow tremendously better. It is something I am planning on chasing for my hummer but first I need an assembled engine 😔
I have not. Good idea on the box - much better than dragging around a 45 lb. battery

Thanks for the link @n8in8or

I'm not ruling it out @Twisted Steel Performance . There is another part I am considering also, after all is said and done.

Is there any objection to using something like these to put my dual connector on top of the battery rather than buy new batteries?

I was over on my estimate - really at closer to zero inches from battery post to air duct. I can modify fitment slightly to get me by until the batteries give up the ghost, though.

This might further explain...
1721612849885.png
If one of these adapters will work, then I can possibly tilt the battery forward enough to create space enough to fasten the adapter. Then I can attach to the top and run these batteries until they quit. At that time, then I can buy dual post and the problem goes away for me once I just connect to the top post for the positive on the passenger side.

Relocating the battery under the hood isn't going to happen with the big fat fiberglass hood so I am considering top post battery.

Worst part is that the side post batteries in it now are under 3 years old

Anyone use a drop out battery tray under the bed?
What about one of those tool boxes that used to mount into the side of the bed?

I've seen them on the passenger side, just behind the cab. Are those still available?

After ordering some terminal relocators that turned out to not be the correct size, I was fiddling around and came up with a plan. I'm unsure about posting on a forum because I don't want someone to steal my idea HOWEVER, keep in mind, your attorney fees will gobble you up if someone tries to pursue this. You may or may not find out there is a Patent Pending, so don't even bother.20240725_190243.jpg
The positive terminal is about 1/4" away from the intake tube and the battery can't slide. The hood shuts with plenty of clearance according to the underhood video I took and I even fired it up to fill the oil filter since I am changing the oil at my first interval. Hopefully I can secure some further parts to clean this up a bit. I may show the battery tray idea in another episode...

Back