• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

635 Rebuild cont.

I like the way the powder coating looks but me i would have, and might still do, is clean the parts up and buff them out then have them anodized blue to go with the rest of the blue around the pick up. But that is just me. And i don't care much for purple but that spacer was a cool shade of purple.

I like the way the powder coating looks but me i would have, and might still do, is clean the parts up and buff them out then have them anodized blue to go with the rest of the blue around the pick up. But that is just me. And i don't care much for purple but that spacer was a cool shade of purple.
The cast parts, when anodized clear came out dark pewter. Blue would have come out BLACK, no doubt. Apparently they 'tend to darken up a little.' See page 10, post 148. I had those things shiny...
Powder Coating would have worked...no wait...powdercoating did work.
I liked the purple too, its just that the anodizing wasn't holding and it was starting to look like junk.

You should have kept the spacer purple, then color matched the rest of the truck's engine compartment, interior and exterior paint to match. Then you could have gone blazing across the Bonneville Salt Flats as the "Flying Purple Powerstroke Eater"!!:cheers2::tiphat:hurray: I think Mopar's late 60's - early 70's Plum Crazy with either a metalic or pearl finish would be just perfect to match your old spacer! Sorry, just fighting off the mid-January winter on the Plains stir-crazies.

Oh no its the " Purple people eater" !!!!! Remember the song? Well I aint mechanical so had nothing to contribute in that area, my mechanicall expertise ends with "Grounds, grounds gotta check them grounds!!! " I am very good at it too, plus dancing.of course, I...am...a....very....good....dancer! LOL Ugg is this considered hijacking? Shudder, Paul is a great big special forces guy, best to not antagonize.....I hide in tge barn!

Yes, I'm old enough to remember the song! :eek: As far as antagonizing Paul, I never had problems with the guys over in Group, and my foster brother was in the 82nd and Group at Ft. Bragg back in the late '70's - early '80's. He wound up in both the Caribbean ARTEP and legging it around in the wilds of Central America (not Panama) back them, so I don't expect any problems now.

You should have kept the spacer purple, then color matched the rest of the truck's engine compartment, interior and exterior paint to match. Then you could have gone blazing across the Bonneville Salt Flats as the "Flying Purple Powerstroke Eater"!!:cheers2::tiphat:hurray: I think Mopar's late 60's - early 70's Plum Crazy with either a metalic or pearl finish would be just perfect to match your old spacer! Sorry, just fighting off the mid-January winter on the Plains stir-crazies.
Too many purple themed cars out there, most of them hand painted fails with what looks like Latex, then there's a couple out there that do look good, but they're rare. That Mustang from Canada last year looked spectacular... But, if you think its a great idea, you go right ahead and do it only to your truck. Post Pictures.

Wow Paul. Do you dislike purple that much?:rof:

I hear you though. There is a power joke running around with purple painted flames and they are fading from a light coat out of the gun. Looks very tacky to say the least.

You should have an almost new pick up if you ever get it all done.

Got to admit, though, a '69 Plymouth Hemi Superbird in Plum Crazy is one sharp looking car!

Too many purple themed cars out there, most of them hand painted fails with what looks like Latex, then there's a couple out there that do look good, but they're rare. That Mustang from Canada last year looked spectacular... But, if you think its a great idea, you go right ahead and do it only to your truck. Post Pictures.

Not the 'Burb, but maybe the '94 C&C with the utility box. It's in Chevy light metallic blue and is sun fading, plus it has all those pinstripe swirls that the original East Texas owner thought looked so good on the hood, fenders, doors and cargo box doors. Don't know if I could get more for it with a new purple paint job or the fading original one when I go to sell it. A good coat of Emron with some metallic flake and a belt line gold pinstripe down the fender and door wouldn't look too bad on the service truck. . .Perhaps a future project when I get back up on my feet physically and financially.

Wow Paul. Do you dislike purple that much?:rof:

I hear you though. There is a power joke running around with purple painted flames and they are fading from a light coat out of the gun. Looks very tacky to say the least.

You should have an almost new pick up if you ever get it all done.

I think I saw that truck on one of my trips through Boise:rof:

From a cost stand point, I should have bought a new truck and have had done with it years ago. But I wouldn't have made the friends that I have made, nor learned from the experiences I've, well, experienced. The money spent is just that, spent and the spending is just the price of admission. On the whole of it, I think it's been well spent, except for some of the SSD stuff.....

Back