• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1994 K3500 extended cab dually

Hey Nate, I know it doesn't exactly pertain to this build, but if not touched on in another thread of yours, would you be willing to explain how you adapted the wastegate actuator arm to the horizontal orientation? I'm trying to configure my 35/40 to fit the same way. The actuator arm is 5" and I'm wondering if I need to get a longer arm so it can still connect to the wastegate. Looks like I need to drill another hole and perhaps cut off some of the actuator bracket, but before hacking it up I'd appreciate some advice from someone who's already done it successfully :)

Hey Nate, I know it doesn't exactly pertain to this build, but if not touched on in another thread of yours, would you be willing to explain how you adapted the wastegate actuator arm to the horizontal orientation? I'm trying to configure my 35/40 to fit the same way. The actuator arm is 5" and I'm wondering if I need to get a longer arm so it can still connect to the wastegate. Looks like I need to drill another hole and perhaps cut off some of the actuator bracket, but before hacking it up I'd appreciate some advice from someone who's already done it successfully :)
I wish I had some info to help you out, but this turbo is a CKO Holset and that’s the orientation the actuator was in when I bought it. Sorry.

I suspect you already know Holset uses a horizontal arm or a right angle arm (centerline of turbo/compressor), depending upon application...in tight situations a non waste-gated turbine housing is used with remote blow off valve.

Wow, that's a lot quieter! Thanks for sending that. And look at all that snow still!
I had the phoney up to my ear so I could hear the pump run, mighty quiet, read Your comment then hadda play the video again.
Wow, thats quite a bit of snow. Kory said over near Settlers Bay, they still have 3’ or so.

Qualifies as under hood ART...
I'm disappointed the breakers don't match. I ordered the first one from Summit as a well-reviewed American Autowire brand breaker. When I received it, it was a bagged kit with this Gloso breaker. I looked up the Gloso breaker and it showed up on Amazon, also with good reviews and for less money. So when I needed a second one I just went to Amazon. This one didn't have the Gloso name on it so now they don't visually match. Not a big deal overall, but definitely a deduction in style points.

This week I’ve been working on piecing the exhaust together from parts from the Tahoe’s exhaust and a straight piece of 4” exhaust pipe. It’s all fabbed, wire wheeled and ready for paint. I also got the rear driveshaft installed. Tonight I started assembling the AC. As part of that I got the accumulator wrapped in Tunnel Shield.

5D023451-DF14-4CC2-8609-86E7F6568DF3.jpeg07BDEFDA-E685-4186-BF27-9D6E9CBCEEC5.jpeg

Got the AC plumbing all done today. I had to do a lot of tweaking on the lines to get them to clear correctly, but it all worked out in the end.

BF4245F6-E1CB-47D6-A5D6-E6264C672080.jpeg181E62A6-441D-4032-81DA-8378605D7D31.jpeg

I hooked up the vacuum pump for about 45 minutes and then let it sit with the pump off for an hour.....it held vacuum, so good to go.

I got a good start on the wiring.

B41A20B0-A717-48F7-902E-917ACF67D908.jpegBA92F94E-E22C-46BE-BDAD-76CC6085DEB4.jpeg624D1CCC-EEA9-42F9-8AA7-03464D6C1FD0.jpeg45DA037F-A00F-4D41-82BB-12D243880533.jpeg

I forgot to mention that I test fit the intake today and found that I need to do some rerouting of the 5/8” and 1/2” hoses to better clear it......not a big deal, but I’ll drain the cooling system down some to do that and while I’m at it I’ll clean out the screen filter on the heater hose.

No kill like overkill!
Your coolant filter/ screen gets me to thinking I want one. Why you do that!?! Haha

I’ve been thinking the spin on style (without the nitrate tablet of course) but they are big and ya can’t tell when it needs replacement.

No kill like overkill!
Your coolant filter/ screen gets me to thinking I want one. Why you do that!?! Haha

I’ve been thinking the spin on style (without the nitrate tablet of course) but they are big and ya can’t tell when it needs replacement.
I’ve been thinking about a spin on one as well after seeing all the crap this screen caught.

Hey Nate,

I see we have the same taste in vacuum pumps. :D

I was going to make the same comment that it looks like it getting mounted to the space shuttle.

Is there a reason that you ran the negative battery cable to the front of the truck rather than going directly to the frame?
Then from the frame to the engine block. I guess it would mostly just save time and material.

Do you have a part number for that turbo blanket?

I like what I see!

Hey Nate,

I see we have the same taste in vacuum pumps. :D

I was going to make the same comment that it looks like it getting mounted to the space shuttle.

Is there a reason that you ran the negative battery cable to the front of the truck rather than going directly to the frame?
Then from the frame to the engine block. I guess it would mostly just save time and material.

Do you have a part number for that turbo blanket?

I like what I see!
Hey Andrew,

Thanks for the compliments!

I chose to run a full ground wire to the front just to make absolutely certain that I had the best ground to the starter circuit I could get. I knew I could ground through the frame.....and in fact that would be more conventional...... but I liked the peace of mind knowing my conductor situation for that circuit. Plus that would have been 2 more connections in that circuit and I wanted to keep the number of connections to a minimum. Again, probably overkill, but I feel good about what I have there and that Powermaster starter sure does sing now!

I found the invoice for the turbo blanket and the part number is tz31847-g3. I can’t find that exact part number online, the closest I can find is tz31847-g. You may want to contact Thermal Zero directly to find it or check interchange on the part numbers. When I got mine, I was shopping for it on eBay, but then ended up contacting them directly because I wasn’t finding an exact match there. I told them what turbo I was running and this is what they set me up with and it fit great.

Back