• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

which exhaust is everyone running?

I wasn't expecting too much out of my AFE because it was pretty cheap on ebay, but then again so were the MBRP's. But I love the sound of it and it went on great. The only problem I've had with it is that it came out of a hanger in the back. Simple fix, and I don't know why I haven't done it in the year it's been like that. I guess that may even be a testimony to the strength of the thing because it hasn't broken yet!!

Oh, and I also frequently put the pass side window down as well. Whenever I go by something that will echo good. My daughter does it on her own a lot of the time as well.

4" silverline with no cat and 5' tip. Love the sound but I hate how far the tailpipe hangs down

It does hang down a bit, doesn't it?

Yeah. I have been thinking about trying to find a different tailpipe that can be adapted to the rest of the system. I have looked around my local area and can't find anyone that can bend 4" pipe. I need to try to find a big rig shop shop I guess.

holy rolling billboard batman!! i do like that drawbar though.

Glamis3.jpg

4" Silverline from the turbo back with a 5" tip. No kitty or muffler. My mom heard the truck shortly after I got it on and she said the truck sounded like a jet plane. All I could do was:D

Thats the point of a company truck...it is a rolling billboard, lol the dodge only has the name on the tailgate though, its more of a show truck while the ford is the sales truck

currently i am running a 5" MBRP turbo back exhaust and love the sound nice rumble at 2k rpm, nice whistle below 2k and once you open it up it sounds like a pissed off V8 and the droan levels are minimal.
Thats what I have, and I don't think I could have said it any better. I love the sound of it when I jump on it. Even the wife thinks it sounds good. I think it sounds great!:D

Mine is only stock diameter, but my pass. windows are down most of the time as well. Agree with everyone else, it never gets old.

I love driving under bridges and especially in parking ramps.. And find myself driving woth the pass window down and playing with the throttle just to listen to our quiet turbos.

Any body else find themselves putting it in tow haul or shifting down just to make it louder in parking lots and ramps.

oh yeah, tunnels and parking garages are outstanding

:D I thought I was the only one:lol:

I bought a 4" Banks Monster Exhaust with Kitty delete:) I got it on as soon as I bought the truck in 2003. Wish I would have waited until I found these forums then I would have known about the cheaper ones. It set me back $975 delivered in Oct 2003:mad: I love the whistle and the GF also gives me that look when I roll down here window so I can hear it:pound:

same.... factory pipe that has been "cleaned" of unneccessary items. :D .... oh and i drive in t/h everywhere. stock trans doesnt like the bigger tunes with t/h off. :p ... plus you neber know when someone gonna wanna race

I am runnig the 4" Magnaflow duals. When I first put it on it was a cat back setup but it didn't take me long before I replaced that down tube with a 4" one, no more kitty cat!

Back