• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

When Suppliers turn bad - a detour from hijacking 94DeiselSub's thread.

'Course, once it is done and running down the road REAL fast, there is always that "'lil road trip" down south with a really big stick!:boxing_smiley:

Just send the pistons back with a photo copy of your ass with "kiss this you son of a bitch" on it. You have to get new ones anyways, might as well put a very large drill bit threw the crnter top of them to boot.

Already got the theme song for the trip, "The Devil Went Down to Georgia!" Maybe I should talk Ted into holding a GTG there in Sandersville GA?

i have personally BEEN to the diesel depot when i picked up my 599 block, ill tell you if the pictures that they posted on the net matched what was there they would sell no engines, it looked like a glorified scap yard out of the movie deliverance. then this guy filthy as sin in 4 day old jeans comes up and introduces himself as jamie, wow this hayseed just machined my block. this was around the time that jim bigley and lee swanger at the page were madly in love with the diesel depot. i speficialy told him the day i would be ariving and he says oh yea should almost be done, i specificaly asked to have the extra coolant drain holes drilled in the water jackets, shoot we forgot that out comes the makita drill and bit. got the pisons home and to the engine assembly machinist and he has to polish the vise marks out of the sides of them, not a big deal but still un professional, thanks god my guy put it together right.

long story short i would not bring them a wheelbarrow to work on.

Sounds as bad as International Diesel (out of NY state) and the junk 6.5's they were selling back about seven, eight years ago. They changed their name, but the new web site linked back to International's. Last that I heard several years ago, there were TWO different states' Attorney Generals Offices involved in actions against them. There's a thread or two about people who had bad experiences with them shipping blown/cracked block 6.5's as "remans" over on sixfiveturbodiesel.com from back then. Bad karma always finds a way to jump up and bite those kind of people hard in the ass.

Back