• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

When Suppliers turn bad - a detour from hijacking 94DeiselSub's thread.

Paveltolz

Доверяй, но проверяй
Reaction score
Moderators, feel free to place the posts from the hijack point of Chris's "Bad Dealings with Ted's Motor's" (post 61) here so we can get back to addressing HIS issues in HIS thread.

To put the transition into context, a member had made the comment about the effects/satisfaction of delivering the bad motor down to Ted's in Alabama in person. I commented about swinging by here, only a couple thousand miles out of the way, to drop off some parts I knew of at another place in the area. That Hijacked the thread for a couple of pages, so far and so....

Again, My apologies to Chris and the rest of my 6.5 addicts, even if your addiction is from morbid curiosity and not ownership.

Paul

********************THREAD POSTS MERGED AS REQUESTED.********************

Good deal. I do really hope the OP can get some sort of justice...

I'd feel strongly enough, (no kidding right? :D) if it were me, I'd load my pick'm up (or borrow one) with the *junk* and take a drive on down to AlaBAM...

If you change your mind, I got a line on some parts you can drop off in GA at another self promoting diesel part shop/lieing assed business.

Hope 94DieselSub gets his situation cleared up in the meantime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not this thread and when the situation is un-tenable, I'll drop that dime like a manhole cover with names, dates, parts and emails. Thankfully, for me, it aint my motor.

Might as well let us know now before someone else makes another COSTLY purchase on parts/motors that turn out to be less than advertised....

JMO

Now we can't have an honest engine builder slammed on here can we??

I haven't had much to say about engine performance for over 8 months, I wonder why!?!? But I will say the $9,000 engine build was really something..............................else!

That is as far as i am going to go with this little tid bit.

Everyone can draw on their own thoughts!!

'Oh my', wasn't exactly the words I used!!

This broke in March at an idle on the freeway, while stopped.

Sent the parts back in April, been lied too every time I have called them, when they would actually take my call, except when I was given the tracking numbers for the crank, flywheel, and heads. Is it really asking too much to want my parts back??

So far I received a "NEW", and properly turned down 2 piece rear main seal area, Scat crank, and balanced flywheel, and my heads.

But no pistons, rods, camshaft, lifters, gasket kit, or bearings.

And I WILL NOT ACCEPT 'KING' BEARINGS! King bearings have 'extreme embidability! And are very good for lower compression engines.

How many diesel engines out there have gone bad by the use of KING bearings?

Another $30 and my engine could/would/should of had Clevite Bearings.

Oh, and speaking of the heads, the valve guides fell out. But I have been assured that problem has been taken care off!

Why the secrecy...like another member posted...spill it... so others don't have to experience the same situation...

What happened to looking out for one another?

'Oh my', wasn't exactly the words I used!!

This broke in March at an idle on the freeway, while stopped.

Sent the parts back in April, been lied too every time I have called them, when they would actually take my call, except when I was given the tracking numbers for the crank, flywheel, and heads. Is it really asking too much to want my parts back??

So far I received a "NEW", and properly turned down 2 piece rear main seal area, Scat crank, and balanced flywheel, and my heads.

But no pistons, rods, camshaft, lifters, gasket kit, or bearings.

And I WILL NOT ACCEPT 'KING' BEARINGS! King bearings have 'extreme embidability! And are very good for lower compression engines.

How many diesel engines out there have gone bad by the use of KING bearings?

Another $30 and my engine could/would/should of had Clevite Bearings.

Oh, and speaking of the heads, the valve guides fell out. But I have been assured that problem has been taken care off!

All this and it was 9,000!?!?!

My new optimizer was only 7,000.

Here I was thinking I paid too much because it came through a dealer, maybe not after all.....

Diesel Depot?.....He's on the East Coast....

We're looking for someone in GA, I believe.

Any which way, sorry to here about the bad experience Ted........especially after the first mess you went thru with an other lieing ass piece of shit.

Back