• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Not sure what to do about injectors. Leroy said to install and run them.
I know that one of them is popping at about 2500 PSI so that means I would need to go get the tester back and go through them, grab out that one and reshim it so it pops in that 2300 PSI range like the rest of them. 🤷‍♂️

Not sure what to do about injectors. Leroy said to install and run them.
I know that one of them is popping at about 2500 PSI so that means I would need to go get the tester back and go through them, grab out that one and reshim it so it pops in that 2300 PSI range like the rest of them. 🤷‍♂️
I would not install any injectors without being testing and balanced.
I would think installing that injector would be asking for trouble.
It might not show up for a while.

I would not install any injectors without being testing and balanced.
I would think installing that injector would be asking for trouble.
It might not show up for a while.
Agreed. maybe contact Rockabillyrat about it or send the set to him. is there a local diesel shop in your area you could stop in to chat with one of the techs?

Thought about buying one of those $85.00 injector testers and setting it up.
So many negative feedbacks about the cannister being busted when the are received.
Probably do that and take the chance.
Then I’ll have one.
I was gonna do the same thing. Amazon listed one a while back, might still be there, also marked with prime so you could return it easily if it's a dud.

I have also seen videos online making one rather easily using a porta power hydraulic hand pump.

Found the link, there are two listed. this one shows a dual marked gauge with psi and bar where the other only shows bars. this one also has more reviews though I didn't look through the reviews to see how or bad it was.

as for the cannister, I'm sure something could be fabricated to work better, like an old can of beans with a banjo bolt in the bottom holding it in place.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Agreed. maybe contact Rockabillyrat about it or send the set to him. is there a local diesel shop in your area you could stop in to chat with one of the techs?
I mailed mine off to a place in Michigan. Somebody here recommended them years ago.

For injectors - The last time I used Diesel Injection Service LLC 430 54th St SW Grand Rapids, MI 49548 (616) 531-1030

With 2300 PSI pop pressure

There is no shops here locally.
I had contacted rockabilly, I can not afford the $600.00 He quoted and He has no means of doing a CC so I could just make payments to the card. I would much rather use His service but there just is no room for Me to even wiggle a little toe. If I had known interest rates was going to go through the roof, I would never have taken out that HELOC loan contract against my house and property to buy that cabin at the lake. 🤷‍♂️
Three diesel truck repair shops in town and they had no clue of how these injectors are suppose to perform. IE, pissing a stream before popping.
I did watch a video about mercedes injectors, he replaced the nozzles and had no pissing when He retested so I’m at a loss here.
A diesel shop over in Glendive, 80 miles east, said $100.00 to test them then it would be a matter of shop time to do the adjusting. My problem I guess is, will He be able to stop them from pissing pre pop.
I also wonder, when the distributor head in the IP comes to position to fire an injector, I imagine that feed would be an immediate, in the blink of an eye kind of a feed. So the IP is not building pressure like the Roosa Master pumps with the piston design pumping action.
In other words, our pumps, when the gate is open, that pressure is there already and is released immediately and so there is no time for pissing around. 😹
Does that make sense ?
@jrsavoie
I will reach out to that injection services company.

Can you do a video of how you are testing?
When you pump the handle it should be fast like a punch from Sugar Ray Leonard.
If you are easing into it- that will give you false results.
Pretty sure Mercedes Source had some good videos of “how to”

Can you do a video of how you are testing?
When you pump the handle it should be fast like a punch from Sugar Ray Leonard.
If you are easing into it- that will give you false results.
Pretty sure Mercedes Source had some good videos of “how to”
Was easing into it. Probably wrong.
I have tested a lot of injectors. They all have been of the pencil type running the Roosa Master pumps, so, I probably have my test procedures all wrong for these.

I am sure there are more videos from him- he shows different speeds used for demonstrations of different issues. I should say there used to be- idk if he removed the videos or if they are still around.
I know he had large and small kits he used to offer, no clue what is out there now.
I am a proponent of diy guys owning the tester and checking them once in a while.

Theory is 100,000 miles is good- but when things start acting funny- test.
You could get too much water and mess them up. Dirt gets through sometimes, or whatever. If you have a tester ready to go- you can just test them. Obviously pulling the easy to reach ones and checking a few is better than checking none.

Pretend for a minute you own a dmax and have to spend thousands to deal with the issues of injectors. Makes buying a tool for a few hundred no big deal.

Getting a start. I just dont want to have to borrow that tester from the DOT any more.
But now, I dont know what is the matter with Me. I pulled the O ring from the jacks top nut, welded the bushing to it, then exclaimed OH 💩. I forgot to pull the seal inside the groove of the top nut. Teflon flat gasket. Melted the piss out of it. Now go hunting for a gasket that might fit.
I do have an oring that fits just fine. There is no pressure within that barrel anyway.
AFBCD77C-65D6-4299-9C98-B6D8398AADF7.jpeg

Last edited:
@MrMarty51 me careful welding a reducer to the top of the jack without it being threaded some into the hole. I have been told one can use a 1" pipe tap to lay some threads into the top of the bottle jack to help secure the reducer into it before welding. last thing you want is that thing blowing off while under high pressure.

I'd also wrap the welded area with some sort of covering like heavy rags so that if a pin hole develops it won't spray inject diesel into your skin or eyes.

A tester is born. Almost. I was following the instructions from that
@MrMarty51 me careful welding a reducer to the top of the jack without it being threaded some into the hole. I have been told one can use a 1" pipe tap to lay some threads into the top of the bottle jack to help secure the reducer into it before welding. last thing you want is that thing blowing off while under high pressure.

I'd also wrap the welded area with some sort of covering like heavy rags so that if a pin hole develops it won't spray inject diesel into your skin or eyes.
good ideas. After the weld cooled I did seal it inside with JB weld.3D14AFF1-5803-439A-BCAC-4F7EB4B08339.jpeg

@MrMarty51 are those brass fittings at the top of your newely build tester? if so, that will not hold up to the pressures! get you some schedule 80 steel fittings. we have seen them explode under pressures below 3k.
Oh yes they are. That I shall do.
Is there such a thing as 1/8th” and 1/4” schedule 80 fittings?
How about the machined steel fittings ?

Back