• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TPS ? Fuel Pressure ? What You think ?

Gauge seems to have settled down some and is reading closer to what the LP is rated at, about 9 pounds.
Nothing was said about the gauge needing a snubber or that it was a recommended part.

It isn’t that any gauge needs a snubber by its design.
Pump design can be smooth or create pulses. Gear driven pumps are smooth, oscillating pump like the back and forth solenoid factory pump create massive pulses.
The snubber when needed is both so you can just read the average of the pulse and to protect the gauge.

thinking about Glow Shift gauges... the fuel pressure gauge that was in the 93 is a mechanical GS gauge that is liquid filled. I have it cobbled up on the 95 for a boost gauge since I had lost my boost gauge when I replaced the dash. it reads 3 psi now with the engine off!! not accurate at all.

btw I actually found the missing boost gauge hiding in my garage the other day and will be installing it in the 95 soon. just thought I'd share the accuracy on the GS gauges I experienced. I need to put another gauge on the 93 and see what the fuel pressure really is now that I see this gauge was off by that much. when it was connected with a live fuel line in the cab it always showed 8-9 psi when running, never moved even under load. I bet I was only getting a max if 5 psi idle and much less under load!

Back