• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Time for me to join in as well.

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Well I decided it was time to give the BURB a work-out and got a toy for her to pull around. I've been looking for awhile now, and found this one. She isn't the exact lay-out that me and the wife wanted, but he was in need of fast cash as he was moving out of state for a new job and needed money for the move. He was asking $4500, but lets just say he took a good deal less as he needed money to move. Checked it over and found that the furnace wouldn't stay on(looks to be mud dauber nests caught in the flame unit of the furnace), and the fridge won't shut off(control board is stuck on). Other than that all seems solid with almost new tires, group 31 deep cycle battery, 30 pound propane tanks, and 2 coats of rubber roofing within the last year. The BURB towed it like it wasn't there up to 60, but she's a tall wide trailer and NOT a lightweight model so the windage back there at 60+ is noticeable. She still does 70 fine though, but I'm probably going to keep it down to 60-65 for milage reasons as the EGT guage says my milage will be MUCH better there.

Few pics of the new toy coupled to the BURB.
trailer2.jpg

trailer1.jpg

trailer4.jpg

trailer3.jpg

Managed to get the heater fixed before the rain got me today(who would have thought mud daubers could plug the heater box up tight enough to keep it from staying lit), so just need to order a control board for the fridge, build me a box on the back to carry my HONDA EU3000IS generator, and then get all of my R/V supplies to take her out. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks we can go do a weekend trip and break her in.

just started thinking about it actually... we'll try to accommodate as many peoples availability to make it as possible though...think you might be able to shoot with us this time Marty?

just started thinking about it actually... we'll try to accommodate as many peoples availability to make it as possible though...think you might be able to shoot with us this time Marty?

I still do not own a shotgun. My kids are older and I am not deploying again any time soon. I would have to say, I hope so. If someone is willing to let my crazy ass shoot there pride and joy then, yes! :thumbsup:

Great buy Ferm!

don't forget our October/Fall Guns and Diesels on the Bayou ;)

That was actually one of the reasons for buying it as the wife did not enjoy freezing out in a tent snuggling up to the dogs to stay warm. I want to do some camping, but even I have to admit that sleeping in the cold in a tent aint fun. Just have to get the fridge fixed and build a box on teh back for my generator and I'm set to go.

That has got to be fun to tow with your setup!

Check the DOT code of the trailer tires to verify they are new and replace them if they are 5 years old. Sometimes new trailer tires are already 2+ years old when they get mounted/sold. I have turned way too many trailer tires into rags on the rim and all over the roadway. 65 MPH is the speed rating of trailer tires so you have another reason to keep her under 65.

I've got a friend that moved up to Tennessee up close to where 8100 is, so our first trip is planned up to that area and probably going to take and do the blue ridge parkway drive as I've never done it. Just waiting on my fridge parts(control board and heating element) and gonna build a rack on the back form y generator and be set.

Hey stop @ Mabry Mill on the blue ridge parkway and get some stone ground grits! They r awesome and take a pic of the still for Ace!

Here are some pictures of Mabry Mill.

Attachments

• Mabry Mill 2.jpg
    Mabry Mill 2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Mabry Mil.jpg
    Mabry Mil.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 4
  • still 1.jpg
    still 1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Still 2.jpg