• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Something is slipping in 5th or and 6th

Today I finished putting everything else back on the truck and I didn't have any parts left over. I added 4 more qts of ATF for a total of 22 qts and the level is fine. I took it out and using my Edge tuner put the transmission in the relearn mode which I understand takes the programming back to the original default setting when it was new. I then moderately accelerated up to 6th gear came to a complete stop and repeated for a total of six times. I then have just been driving it here and there. It is really operating well. I will probably drive it another 50 miles stop and go tomorrow and then lean on it a bit.

some guys it only takes 3 days to do the transmission me it took 3 months but it works I guess I can't complain and I am getting a little senior so I'm very happy with the results

some guys it only takes 3 days to do the transmission me it took 3 months but it works I guess I can't complain and I am getting a little senior so I'm very happy with the results

3 days, heck last one I had out and apart in under 6 hours. Guess I've been into mine to many times:eek:.

What can I say Ferm "You Da Man" and I am not being facetious. I remember those days when I could do that. Now if I spend 4 hrs on my back under the truck working it takes me a couple of days to recover. I am not complaining that is just the way it is and I deal with it. I was really fortunate that my son drove up from Florida and help get the Allison, Txr case, and the TQ bolts installed and torqued, and all the interference installed under the truck before he went back home. Getting ready to go drive it this afternoon and get another 50+ mi stop and go on it. Will probably towed the TT on Saturday.

Good Barry! Is there a noticeable difference in the torque and lock-up?
I know with my PRECISION ML, there was a HUGE difference from stock as far as low speed coupling and torque multiplication. Surprisingly it doesn't push that hard at idle, but right off idle it couples in ALOT better. I rarely go over 1800RPM's driving around town as the converter couples so well and keeps the R's down.

I feel the TC major. I don't notice any change in the Allison as I did the TransGo Jr back in 2010. You cam really feel the TC when you get on it. My stock Allison was in perfect condition when I disassembled it to install the Alligator Stg V Kit. I did install the pump pressure boost shim which was part of the kit. The SunCoast 1056 is Wow!! as I am sure all triple disk TC's are. I didn't get out to tow the 10K TT this morning. Maybe tomorrow. I am running my Edge race on level 3 whish is a +85 hp tune. If I go to level 5 the edge program defuels in the shifts to much and it is goofy. I am saving for an EFI Live. Debating on an AutoCal or FlashScan. Input please. I am leaning towards the FlashScan

I feel the TC major. I don't notice any change in the Allison as I did the TransGo Jr back in 2010. You cam really feel the TC when you get on it. My stock Allison was in perfect condition when I disassembled it to install the Alligator Stg V Kit. I did install the pump pressure boost shim which was part of the kit. The SunCoast 1056 is Wow!! as I am sure all triple disk TC's are. I didn't get out to tow the 10K TT this morning. Maybe tomorrow. I am running my Edge race on level 3 whish is a +85 hp tune. If I go to level 5 the edge program defuels in the shifts to much and it is goofy. I am saving for an EFI Live. Debating on an AutoCal or FlashScan. Input please. I am leaning towards the FlashScan

Do you plan on doing your own tunes or running somebody elses? If you going to make your own tunes, go with the v2. The autocal is strictly for loading a tuners tune files, and is locked to one tuner at a time. Another option if your going to run somebody elses tunes is an exchange ecm.

On auto cal I don't think there is the option for something like a dsp5. You will have to stop and reflash

source unknown
Don't know where you heard that. A DSP5 flashes in just teh same as a DSP2 or a non DSP regular single file operating system. Basically an autocal is to allow you to flash i nsomebody elses tunes, a V2 lets you flash in somebody elses or build and flash in your own.

Don't know where you heard that. A DSP5 flashes in just teh same as a DSP2 or a non DSP regular single file operating system. Basically an autocal is to allow you to flash i nsomebody elses tunes, a V2 lets you flash in somebody elses or build and flash in your own.

Good to know ferm. I forget where I heard it. Likely from gm tech guy that doesn't work on or care much for diesels.

source unknown

Back