• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Resetting injector pop pressure

Thanks for the help, BK. Oh damn. I just looked at the link and they are 11.5mm diameter.
11.5 mm should work. The other size was 8. something mm. There was only 2 different sizes.
Hessain imports is half the price of mercedes sourse.

got a link for the hessians?
He doesn't have a web site. I posted his email address. It sometimes takes a day or 2 to get back to you but he will. Be shure to tell him Barry sent you. I told him I would blab his name on the 6.5 diesel sites. I got a word back from him on the german injector nozzles. The mfg. doesn't have any in stock at this time. If I wanted to order, I'd have to order 300.:eek: I'm a little leary of ordering 300 nozzles that I've never tried. I'll have to wait untill they make a batch to get a few sets to check out.

[email protected] His name is sean

Last edited:
It would make a different spray pattern? Or perhaps a BETTER atomization?? Do you know?
From what I understand about the german nozzles is that it atomizes better and are much more durable than the, made in india ,bosch nozzles. From what I read the quality of the material and the quality of the machining/workmanship all went way down after the manufacturing was moved from germany to india.
From what I've read ,bosch is not the best by a long shot anymore. They are not the worst either. I would want to try the german nozzles out before I would endorse them. I will say they look promising.

From what I understand about the german nozzles is that it atomizes better and are much more durable than the, made in india ,bosch nozzles. From what I read the quality of the material and the quality of the machining/workmanship all went way down after the manufacturing was moved from germany to india.
From what I've read ,bosch is not the best by a long shot anymore. They are not the worst either. I would want to try the german nozzles out before I would endorse them. I will say they look promising.

So should I reset the ebay injectors (just ordered) and use those or use the new Bosch injectors I got from Rock Auto(have India stamped on them)?

I've only used 4 different thickness shims in 12 injectors. The shims vary .05 mm in thickness. You just repeat the process untill they reach the correct popping pressure. It's good to know that the ones going in my engines are set as close as possible.

Have you only done the N/A injectors so far? If not I was wondering if you could recommend which thicknesses of shims to order so we don't need 100 to do both types of injectors.

From what I've read and been told delphi is made in italy. They are suppoed to be better quality than bosch. I havent rebuilt or reset any bosch injectors so I have no idea how much shim they take. I think it is more of a batch thing. The machining done on the same day by the same machine is all pretty close. The next day or the next shift it could be a different amount of shim required. Batches of the springs can vary also.
I bought the big batch of shims because after I get the 40 new injectors reset I have over 40 to rebuild. That's why I'm looking at nozzles also.

"that guy" on Ebay is up to $170 plus $29 shipping ........ I should have bought more sets...........

anybody got any info on the Mylex tips?

I actually lucked out, for once in my life, and bought a set last night for $100 + $29? Not my usual luck!!!

I got 40 injectors for $325. I wish he would have sold them all in that big of lots. I could be the 6.5 injector man:thumbsup::rolleyes5:
I'm going to try to get a few sets of the monark nozzles some how to try them out. The mercedes guys claim they are the best. Somebody has to have some on a shelf somewhere. I just can't bring myself to buy 300 of them without trying them first. I know I can always get bosch nozzles from rockauto for $14 each. Maybe I'll see if I can get a deal on delphi nozzles from someone. The dimensions of the injector bodies are all the same as far as I know. The nozzles should interchange. Most of the used injectors I have are bosch germany. They were original equipment when the 6.5s were new.

Nice thread, wish I'd thought of checking my injectors before I installed them, my local diesel guy would have tested them for free.

I bought brand new Delphi one's, so far, so good, runs smoothly, or so it seems, lol.

What is too high a pressure to start making the IP wear out faster?

Nice thread, wish I'd thought of checking my injectors before I installed them, my local diesel guy would have tested them for free.

I bought brand new Delphi one's, so far, so good, runs smoothly, or so it seems, lol.

What is too high a pressure to start making the IP wear out faster?

That comment will get Buddy's attention like a brick falling from the sky. :) Now to sit back and wait for Buddy.

Back